Chapter 01: New world

After two weeks, I had to admit that I had been reincarnated. It appears that the professor's illusions were not wholly unwarranted. I just didn't know if everyone was reincarnated or if I was an outlier. I also confirmed the existence of my twin brother named Arthur, which I had not previously confirmed due to my almost non-existent mobility, but I had my suspicions because these people's attention was divided. All I could do for the last two weeks was make small movements with my fingers. So I spent most of my time staring at the ceiling, lost in thought.

Arthur was a rather odd child. He, like me, didn't cry much after he was born. Another reason it took two weeks for me to confirm his existence. When he was with someone else, he behaved normally, but when we were alone, it was a quiet room, not what one would expect from a couple of two-week-old babies. Unless they were seen us, it almost didn't seem like there were any babies in this place. To say the least, it's intriguing.

However, my mobility was improving every day, and I could now see a little more of my surroundings. Arthur, my twin brother, was also watching everything with interest. When our gazes met, his blue irises twinkled with innocence, and he laughed. Was he waving at me? I tried to smile, but judging by the way his smile faded, I probably had the same stoic expression as always. Still, I was optimistic. Because my facial muscles had not atrophied from inactivity in this new body, it should be easier for me to learn to express emotions, at least theoretically, because thanks to the white room, the only one left in me was the curiosity that comes with being human. Feelings, on the other hand, were, perhaps optimistically, buried deep within me.

"Little Kiyo, Little Art. It's time to eat." Our new 'mother' entered the room, her melodious and gentle voice booming.

Again, candles were used for lighting instead of electricity. This concerned me slightly. Had I been reincarnated into a low-income family? That would undoubtedly be a problem for my wish to leading an ordinary life. Again, the caring woman nursed us until we were satisfied. What would that man have to say? If he had known that his proud masterpiece would be degraded to this point, relying on a pile of fat and nippled muscle to keep me alive. Certainly would have enraged him.

Just as I was about to fall asleep due to this body's low energy, our father entered the room with his usual supercharged energy and a goofy grin on his face. He swung Arthur around in his arms a little too hard. He clumsily brushed Arthur's knee on the corner of the crib as he was about to finish his play session with my brother and move on to me, causing a minor bleeding wound on his soft, white skin.

"Reynolds!" Angrily, the woman yelled. When she used his name instead of the standard 'Honey' I knew she was serious.

"Sorry! It was a mistake!" Reynolds whimpered and snatched Arthur back into his arms. " little Art, you forgive daddy, don't you?"

"Bring little Art here." Urged the mother named Alice Leywin as the man carried Arthur crestfallen to the grumpy mother.

"I'm sorry..." Reynolds muttered almost imperceptibly.

"Are you okay, little Art? Mommy will relieve the pain." Consoled the mother, ignoring the man's apology. She stretched her hands toward the wound, muttered something under her breath, and a green light with gold flecks began to heal the wound in a matter of seconds, surprising even me.

'What?' I was perplexed. I was aware of the possibility. The professor had taught me about it, but I assumed I had only been reborn on Earth, or so I hoped. But now I had no choice but to accept it and plan for future countermeasures. I'd been transported to another world, a magical world.

(***)

"Little Art, little Kiyo, Let's go for a walk!" With a smile, Alice Leywin said to us.

She carried us on a sort of baby leash on her back, where my twin brother and I cuddled up fairly tightly but quite comfortably. He smiled at me as usual, and despite the fact that he received no response, he didn't seem to mind. He seemed to be getting used to my always stoic expression. However, when no one was in the room, I practiced showing emotions, so in theory, I should be able to smile in a couple of years. This baby leash was clearly designed for only one, so Alice Leywin did not intend to have twins, but despite this, her affection was evenly divided between us, without favoritism, an effective method of parenting that does not foster superiority among individuals.