Will he hate him now?

Heeseung thought all night about his discussion with the Duchess.

First, Jake had someone he wanted.

What's more, Jake refused the Duchess of Morrier for this person.

But then, he ended up stuck with Heeseung.

It must have meant the girl in question must have had refused him...

"Who the hell was this girl!?" would keep repeating Heeseung to himself.

This question seemed to matter horridly to him, so much that he couldn't sleep.

The next day, Prince Heeseung was in a terrible mood. And seeing Jake arrive late and come sit next to him would have improved his mood if he wasn't the cause of the bad mood in question.

But Jake didn't seem so cheerful either this morning. He heavily let himself fall on his chair, and immediately leaned towards Heeseung to ask:

"What was the Duchess of Morrier doing in your room last night?"

Heeseung rolled his eyes. It was the last name he wanted to hear right now.

"She wanted to talk."

"About what?" asked Jake in a worried tone. "Did she ask to be your partner? Did you accept?"

"What? No! Even if she had, I would have said no. She's insufferable!"

Jake let out a sigh of relief.

Since Jake didn't ask any more questions after this, Heeseung refrained from telling him how she wanted them to split up.

*

Later, Heeseung's bad mood had transformed into deep reflexion. He was frowning, and deaf to everything around him.

However, he wasn't blind.

And it's very clearly that around a corner, he saw Jake having a seemingly charming discussion with no other than Her Grace, The Duchess of Arleni!