To set things straight

When hearing Jake's voice, Heeseung immediately hid his puffy redish eyes. There, Jake sat besides him in a sigh.

"I didn't hit the Duchess," immediately said Heeseung.

"I know," immediately replied Jake. "I was just angry. I took it out on you."
Heeseung didn't reply. He was still hiding his face, but now, he was also blushing. Maybe Jake didn't hate him yet.
"What were the Duchess and you talking about?"

"I was telling her what I'm telling you. That I didn't hit her friend."

"Nothing else?"
Heeseung nodded.
"It's ok if you don't want to tell me. I'll just ask her later anyway."

Heeseung brusquely turned towards Jake.

"Talk to The Duchess?!"

Jake opened eyes wide and took Heeseung's face in his hands.

"Your Highness, you cried!?"
Heeseung became completely red. He wanted to hide again, but seeing Jake so worried about him prevented it.
"W-was it because of the Duchess, or...?"

"Of course not!" exclaimed Heeseung, finally getting away. He wiped his face with his hand and mumbled:
"It's because you were so mad at me..."

Jake stayed frozen by these words. He ran them through his mind a couple of time before asking in a small voice:

"You were crying because I was mad at you?"
Heeseung turned away from Jake, embarrassed, but Jake gently forced him to look at him.
"Why would you worry about me being mad at you. Aren't I no one to you?"

It was Heeseung's turn to open eyes wide.

"You're definitely not "no one" to me! What made you think that!?"

"Well, you slept with me, clinged up to me, and suddenly, you started courting my best friend, saying it didn't concern me! It kind of made me feel used..."

Heeseung was more and more dumbstruck. He stuttered:

"B-best friend?"

"Yeah. I've known the Duchess of Arleni since we were four."

Heeseung let out the biggest sigh of his life and put his face in his hands.

"I didn't know! If so, I wouldn't have courted her!"

"Pardon?" exclaimed Jake, surprised.
Heeseung immediately regretted his words.
"If it's not because you liked her, why did you court her then?"

"I did it because-"
He hesitated.
"I did it because the Duchess of Morrier said you liked someone, then I saw you with Georgia. It made me jealous and I thought...well I thought if I courted her, you would give up on her and stay with me!"

He was red to his ears and his face was completely buried in his hands at this point. Jake was at a loss for words. He let out a laugh, completely awestruck.

He then put his head on Heeseung's shoulder, whispering at his ear:

"Your Highness, look at me."

Heeseung hesitated, then slowly uncovered his face. Then Jake grabbed his vest and gently pulled him closer, before kissing his lips.

Completely bewitched, Heeseung closed his eyes and responded to the kiss.

"Why do you think I asked you to be my partner?" asked Jake with a smile, after the kiss.

"You were as desperate as I was. Or...Class Rep' duty."

"So, I kissed you and slept with you because it's my job as Class Representative?"

"It was tradition..."

Jake was smiling even more, amused by Heeseung denseness.

"Didn't I ask you if you understood the implications that night?" Jake said, before kissing him again.

Between two kisses Heeseung tried to grasp the little consciousness he still had.

"I heard it was special, but..."

"But not why it was special?" laughed Jake. "I'll tell you..."
He slid his hand under Heeseung's shirt, holding his waist tightly against him.
"You do this kind of thing with the one you love."

Heeseung felt his heart jump out of his chest. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. He breathed,

"I didn't know..."

And leaned more onto Jake to kiss him again.