Act 7 - Liberation

'Tell me exactly why we shouldn't bomb the entire city?'

"It's because of those who are held captive by the Empress' army there and–"

'Then why didn't you tell me before I fitted my drones with makeshift vacuum bombs?'

"Eh? What are vacuum bombs?"

'Got no time to tell you all this. We are nearing the city. Also, the vacuum bomb part is a lie.'

'Not yet anyway.'

We saw smoke in the distance. I launched a drone to check the city. It's safe to say that the entire place is a mess. Ruined buildings, blasted walls, and burning pillars of smoke. The area is crawling with enemy soldiers and dragons. Wagons full of prisoners, mainly children, outside the gate. They're preparing to leave.

'Alright, Selina, tell the commander to order about 4,000 men to block each road accessing this city. The rest should seize the captured city and free the prisoners within.'

"Yes, Motherbird."

She left without hesitation to share the order with the commander of my army. A battalion summoned nearby, frightening some of the footmen. I launched drones filled with bombs to decimate the grounded dragons. Not only will it cripple their forces and morale, but it will also help keep casualties at zero. Once my soldiers have set their ground, the attack starts.

As my drones reached the target, they dropped their payload on the unsuspecting dragons on the ground. That followed by multiple explosions and the screams of the victims. The enemy is confused and in disarray. The wagons left the city, but they wouldn't expect an ambush. The tanks led the charge, firing at the wall full of occupiers. Those at the wall fired back with arrows, rocks, and bolts. Trucks full of soldiers followed through the hail of projectiles. From the corner of my sight, a group of dragons appeared in huge numbers from the forest. Those lizards engaged my drones with pure aggressiveness. Just like those before them, they've been swat out of the sky.

Tanks have entered the city and caused great destruction. The trucks unloaded footmen and secured some points of the city. Howitzers blast the opposing forces from afar with great precision. AA Guns shoot down any dragons that come close within their range. The sounds of modern warfare rang through the battlefield of swords and shields, and maybe even dragons. Our opponent is at a disadvantage in this battle, forcing them to abandon or surrender. We took the city from the Empress' grasp. Victory is achieved. The soldiers freed the captives from their cages, mostly adults and the elderly. The children from the wagons were then reunited with their parents with joyous cries and thanked their saviors. Some children's parents... we're unfortunately dead. Investigation around the city found that the enemies cut up the bodies of the unlucky ones and fed them to the dragons.

'Selina, this city should have an adoption center. Is there one?'

"Yes, there are, why?"

'I will threaten them to have one if there's none.'

A drone suddenly fell from the sky and crashed to the ground, leaving a trail of smoke and scorched ground. I look around and saw something similar to a dragon. It's smaller but more flexible and maneuverable, and also has two legs. I presumed it's a–

"Look up, they're wyverns!"

"Don't worry about them, the Motherbird can deal with them."

Called it.

I commanded all drones to remove the new threat from the sky. The UAVs immediately went to act, but the enemy suddenly separated. As the two groups went into battle, the wyverns attempted to imitate the movements of the drones but were deemed impossible by how my drones do those crazy moves. Within just a minute, about half of the enemies remain. The survivors are now realizing they were in a not-so-promising fight. The wyverns then retreated to the dense forest, but I already planned to bomb the forest. I sent out another group of bomber drones to annihilate that section of the forest. A few moments later, that area is just smoldering charcoal.

"Motherbird, that is quite a bit overkill..."

'Not overkill by my standards'

"The Liemians are terrified of your power!"

'For the soldiers, it's a morale booster. They just haven't seen my full power yet.'