Act 9 - Unknown Threats

...

The Battle for Iltroyum has just begun, and the appearance of Autrian soldiers, armored vehicles, and the Motherbird, Arbiter, shook the brutal defenders with absolute fear.

Dragons, wyverns, and drones battled out in the orange skies looming over the city. Unfortunately for the defenders, this entire battle is entirely one-sided. Battalions of T-72s hammered down the outside defenders, leaving them powerless. ZSU-23-4s protected the soldiers from incoming dragons. Lines of 2S19 Mstas struck the walls of the city with enormous firepower. Not even an hour has passed, and what's left of the outer defense is in shambles.

Within the walls, the warriors of the Empress have either fled the city, committed suicide, or stayed within the walls. Archers surrounding the city killed off the fleeing adversary, and an ADF-01 dropped bombs on heavy concentrations of enemies inside the city. Prisoners now fought back with stolen weapons and equipment, further decreasing the defenders' morale. Their fate is nearing. They must either choose to fight or surrender, but their thoughts cut off, and the gate to the city exploded, leading the way to tanks and soldiers.

Soldiers from both forces clashed in close combat. Swords struck true as bodies fell one by one, and tanks fired their cannons to reduce the enemy numbers. The defenders retreated deeper into the city as the fighting intensified. The situation in the air is getting worse too. For every drone downed, one more will replace it. The deadly MQ-101s relentlessly picked them off, no matter how hard they tried to escape.

The remaining survivors came down to five. The survivors retreated, but a wyvern was struck by an AIM-9 Sidewinder, killing it.

Four, another is hit by an unsuspecting missile to the head.

Three, a wyvern is shredded into bloody bits by the drone's guns.

Two, an MQ-101 slammed itself into the dragon's wing, presumably controlled by Arbiter, and tore a hole.

One, it barely escaped the onslaught, but before it could even relax, a massive blue explosion occurred nearby, ripping the poor creature into atoms.

Then there were no survivors, and the Arbiter achieved air superiority.

The last stand commenced at the Cathedral of Iltroyum. The Autrian combatants engaged one more with ever-increasing numbers, but the soldiers of the Empress fought back ferociously. It won't be long until T-72s blew a hole in the side of the cathedral. The attackers poured through, surrounding the defenders. Tanks fired their coaxial machine guns at them. Their corpses were scattered inside the cathedral, marking the walls with their blood, and the battle ended. And finally, the Autrians took control of Iltroyum.

Not long after, the Autrians took care of the prisoners, mending for the wounded and removing corpses from the streets. The captives praised their saviors and reunited with their families, free from torture and death. All the nobles have their heads on pikes outside the walls. Their king got hanged over the gate, all his limbs amputated, and the belly stuffed with his daughter's head. They threatened the citizens to witness their king and princess's execution, which left them in a state of grief.

With no promising leaders left, they chose to take refuge in Autrius in the meantime. The Iltroyians gathered all necessary goods and equipment and set off for Autrius.

—————————————————————
Transfer View To...
Arbiter
—————————————————————