Act 16 - The Beast of the Sea

Well then. That was an experience.

I used the Ace Crystal and encountered Cipher. That guy from Ace Combat Zero. I beat him in that fight and got him into AI form. I currently placed him on the F-14Ds right now. I tried putting him in the ADF-01, but it got rejected since the drone has a Z.O.E. Interestingly, the F-14D I assigned to Cipher has its paintjob altered to his iconic grey wings and stabilizers, plus the Ustio Air Force emblem.

Truly the best teammate you can earn.

Anyways, I should return to Autrius. I need to keep watch of the Mobile Launcher Platform. Nope, the tanks and AA guns could do it themselves. What's next? A trip to Farbanti? Actually, why not.

I told Elisa to bring the still-unconscious nun back to Autrius while I gathered my F-14Ds to protect the MLP. As the planes left for the Mobile Launcher Platform, I took my remaining planes to Farbanti.

—————————————————————
Transfer View To
???
—————————————————————

We got a fleet of ninety ships, heavily armed, ready to take down the unknown beast that wiped out the Trident fleet. It is certain that whatever it is, it does not like us. There were other reports of the same incident from other kingdoms.

Seriously, we got the Motherbird in the skies, and now we get to deal with a mysterious creature from the depths of the sea. What more could the world add? We prepared what we needed and headed off to the last known location of the underwater beast.

Yeah.

...

We're going to die.

...

It's been an hour, and the crew is very silent, on watch over the seas and skies. We may never know when either two giants might attack us. This feeling of dread is also prominent in other crews within the fleet. Some of the captains within the fleet wished to leave the search, but they never wanted their ship sunken by their allies, so they stayed. Unfortunately, this dread got stronger as flying metal creatures loomed on the horizon.

"Those birds... The Motherbird is here!"

"What?! How?!"

Oh lord.

The metal creatures dove toward our position and fired their weapons, shredding through ships like it was nothing. They dropped ordinance from their bellies, each landing on one ship before exploding it into bits. I held on to the mast for dear life as shockwaves rippled through the seas. We hurriedly took out our archers and let loose a hail of arrows. None has hit since their speed is unmatched by anything we have. They turned back for another run, each marking their targets and letting loose a hail of light into our ships.

In just that attack alone, we lost half of our force, just like that. Just before they can turn for another attack, one of our ships begin to rise and tip over. Then, the metal beast of the seas has risen from the surface, and the size is unlike anything we see. Its nose leveled up into the sky as it peaked through the sea before going down, crushing a ship underneath it. The captain scrambled to get the crew to the cannons.

I got to a cannon and started on the black powder, loading it into it. Before we can get the cannonball in, the black beast has already set its weapons up. It fired an endless barrage of light at our ships, ripping holes and tearing them into half. Crews either abandoned their ships or died with them along with their captains. As we finally finished loading the cannons, we fired at the beast. The cannonballs flew toward their target and struck the black beast. They were useless. Our crew panicked and tried to load the cannons to no avail, as the beast's weapons were pointed at us and struck our ship. Wooden debris flew everywhere as it started to sink. Our crew tried to abandon the sinking fate, but it fired a hail of light at us. The pained screams of my crew drowned my ears as the light pierced my body once, then twice, then thrice. I tried to scream, but another hit my neck, ripping my head off my body in a gory fashion. The only thing I see as my head goes flying is my headless body, our sinking ship, and the black beast itself...

...

Another fleet is down, and less interference from them. The Alicorn brought down its weapons for the Rafales to land. As they are back into their hangars, the Alicorn raises its rail cannon and points it at the sky. Power courses through the rail of magnets within before firing its deadly projectile. As it flies in the sky, who knows what it will hit?

Another chapter after a month, sorry about that. I really didn't think about this book until Christmas. My procrastination is really getting to me.

 My procrastination is really getting to me

Bastank or something. I don't know, it looks cool.

GUNTANK WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!