51. -Art & Fiat-

**{Someone to you}{by: BANNERS}

-Art-

- Our seventeenth Year-

As I turn towards the stairs Fiats nurse places her hand against my arm halting me.

"He is still asleep. He had a fever during the night. He is heavily medicated." She informs me.

"Was he in a lot of pain?"

"An appendectomy is a major surgery."

"Can I check on him?"

"You can but don't be surprised if he doesn't wake up. If he does he may not be totally aware."

I smile at her and head upstairs to his bedroom.

He's asleep on his bed. He is shirtless and his skin is flushed. His loose fitting pajama pants are untied and are pulled low exposing his bandage.

I sit at his beside and watch him sleep. He groans and I notice his brow is damp with sweat.

I place the back of my hand against his clammy head.

He isn't fevered. I look down at his bandage, I watch the rise and fall of his stomach as he breathes.

There is a bowl of cool water on the bedside table. I dip a clean rag and gently wipe him down carefully. I lift each arm and wipe the sweat away.

"Why are you sweating? It's cool in here." I tell him as I wipe at his flushed face.

I dip the cloth and wipe at his neck and chest. I don't know why but as I wipe at his stomach I lean in and gently kiss him against his bandage.

When I look back up his eyes are open. My heart picks up pace as I slowly sit up, he doesn't blink watching me.

"You're awake." I say as my face and ears flush.

He only stares back at me. After a while I wave my hand in front of his face.

"Are you awake?" I ask him.

He doesn't respond for almost a minute.

"Can I kiss you?"

My back goes rigid. I quickly sit up.

Yes please. Is obviously my first thought.

But I know he is heavily medicated. He thinks I'm Clover.

I sigh and offer him a smile while my heartbreaks.

"Maybe later. How are you feeling?"

He blinks at me for a long time.

"Why are you staring?" I ask him.

"You're beautiful."

I scoff, yeah he definitely thinks I'm Clover.
My guts churn.
"You think?"

He nods.

"What about me?" I ask.

"Everything. Your heart, your personality. Your skin, your eyes, your smile. You make me ache inside."

It hurts to hear this but I'm a masochist I can't help myself.

"You must love me a lot then."

"The most I think."

"Will you marry me someday? Will we have lots of kids?"

"Can we?" He asks with fuzzy eyes.