MURDER OF CROWS

Challenge No.91 - Say What?

Write a scene or story that includes a character who is a talking animal.

-----

On observation duty, out of reach, high above with a vantage point, perched on the high tension wires the crows surveyed the world below.

"Humans. Think I'll poop on one." Carl Crow squawked.

The entire line cackled with laughter. "Which one?" Cathy Crow was still giggling.

"The first one that dares to walk by." Carl's black eyes gleamed with mischief

"Serves them right for walking past the Ciceron Bus Stand." Clarette giggled.

"True. Everyone in Castries knows we own the utility line." Craig stated.

"As for me. I'm dropping on everyone that passes by." Curt said. "I'm aiming for a head, though I may get a shoulder or an arm."

"That's good too," Colin said.

"I'm thinking of dive-bombing the man from the council. He keeps trying to stop the little old ladies from feeding us." Clive complained.

"OOOoooo don't poo on the old ladies. They're nice. They feed us!" Casey begged.

"Weeeellll. I'm not so sure." Carl admitted.

"Awwww come on, Carl!" Casey urged. "Be nice."

"Nice! Her grandson, threw stones at us last week!" Curt objected.

"Then poo on him!" Casey advised.

"I can do that." Carl ruffled his feathers.

"Heads up! That photographer is back!" Cathy Crow screeched.

"Again! Every time we sit here, she comes with that camera!" Connor complained.

"I'm gonna poo on her." Carl launched. The squad watched as Carl took aim.

They were all atwitter.

"Bullseye!" Carl returned to his spot.

"That'll teach her!" Casey laughed.

"She'll be back. She's always coming back. Good big glob, Carl." Curt said.

"Of course, when I poop on a human I do it right."

"There's that stupid dog again." Colin took flight and glided towards the dog, who spied it. The dog snapped in an attempt to catch the bird.

"Too slow! Too slow! Too slow!" Colin flew back to the overhead wire laughing.

"One day Bruno is going to catch you," Casey warned.

"But not today!" Colin replied.

They were joined by the Chief Crow. His arrival caused all the birds to flutter up and then reassemble.

"Alright who killed that mongoose?" Chief demanded.

"If you think one of us murdered that mongoose, you need to have your head checked." Caron snapped.

"I'll tell you this much, the eyes were really delicious. Mmmmm. Mmmmm. Mmmmm. If I had lips, I'd lick them." C.J. admitted.

"Another human!" Carol pointed out.

"I got this one!" Colin declared.

"You not flying down?" Clive asked.

"Nope. I'm dropping it from right here."

The crows held their breath as the bundle dropped.

"Awwww, you missed." Cathy lamented.

"Missed the head. Got the shoulder." Colin preened.

"Now as to the murder of the mongoose. If you think you're gonna pin that on us..." C.J. threatened.

"I'm hungry," Connor announced. "Where'd you say that corpse was?"

"Come. I'll show you." C.J. offered.

On that note, the entire murder of crows launched made a coordinated circle then took flight.

© 30 May 2022