WWIII

Challenge No.100 - Acronym Mania.

Create a new acronym by picking four random letters of the alphabet. Write a scene or story that includes this acronym—and the full phrase represented by the letters.

-----

BACKGROUND PAPER ON THE EVENTS LEADING UP TO WWIII

Prepared for The Sabines for

The Annual General Meeting of 1st January 3419

In the Spring of 2022, the World had three things on its mind, the outbreak of war among the nations of Europe that commenced with the invasion of Ukraine, the never-ending COVID-19 pandemic that claimed millions of lives and the warning from the United Nations that 'it was now or never', as the world was running out of options to hit climate goals and there would be no second chance. Research at the National Archives Authority shows that in the Spring of 2022 that was the order of importance.

Research also indicates that throughout the centuries there have been many planetary crises that could have led to World War Three; they never escalated enough to claim the title. The seeds of WWIII began first with the decline and subsequent dismantling followed by the eventual collapse of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, OPEC, not to be confused with the substantially more powerful Organisation of Portable Water Exporting Countries.

The lightning rod that triggered the water wars then WWIII began as far back as 2520.

In 2520, the North American Alliance-European Union (NAA-EU) put a tariff on steel. The North America Alliance is comprised of The Inuit Nations of the Arctic, Canada, the United States of America and the United States of Mexico. Steel was needed to build water factories and for ships & trucks to transport water. The market reacted and the price of water rose - and rose - and rose.

Three years later in 2523, one-hundred-year-old Seline Parks, a descendant of Rosa Parks, lay down at the African Burial Ground National Monument in Manhattan with an empty cup in her hand and died of thirst. The commodity having become too expensive to acquire.

It triggered the water riots.

By 2525, the water riots as they became known, escalated into civil war, as people fought over the precious resource. Old imperial instincts resurfaced as wealthy nations eyed the resources of poorer nations and laid plans to annex, invade, or bankrupt them with debt. Anything to take over and control.

What the imperialists failed to take into account was the fact that it was not 1725. In the year 2525 and no nation was going to allow for a repeat of history. The result was a World War in every sense of the word as the planet laid siege on itself.

CONCLUSION

General Khan's reconstruction of the United Nations from a multi-country organisation into a Senate was one of the most pivotal moments in earth's history. With Khan establishing a planetary model of government, peace returned to earth.

And again, the world said NEVER AGAIN.

Will the peace hold?

So far it has.

RECOMMENDATIONS

Continued monitoring of prevailing global events and the projected implications for the company's market share.

Signed

Taylor Hamilton-Smythe

Company Archivist, SABINE-ANDRÉ

© 8 June 2022

US Copyright Registration No. TXu 2-133-118

===

More stories with Sabine are online at 'that' bookstore.