Be My King (JinKook)

Summary: Not a gun was fired during the battle, not a single knife was pulled

Summary: Not a gun was fired during the battle, not a single knife was pulled. And yet, it left a whole kingdom silent. How?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   

"Take him." The young teenager looks up with broad, frightened eyes as he is handed a newborn pup wrapped in the finest silk cloth as the rain pours down. "You must protect him with your life." Jin's father kissed the top of his son's head before pushing him towards the woods. "Run!" And he did run.

After thunder shook the kingdom's broken paved roads, lightning flashed decoratively across the midnight sky. The wind whipped across the open field, and the pup in Jin's arms began to scream as it was carefully placed onto the wet grass.

"Shh." He panics as he hears footsteps charging towards them from afar. Jin takes a step back, and a CRACK echoes around them! When icy blue eyes stare into his brown ones, the child wrapped in silk lifts its head, tilting.

The small brown wolf unhooks its jaw and grabs the cloth before fleeing into the safety of the trees. Jumping over fallen logs and thorny bushes, the path became more engulfed in mud over time, and the trail became muddy with the rain.

The small paw disappears into a puddle and with a twist Jin skids across the mud and tumbles into the rough ground, the mud carrying him roughly into a tree. His back cracks against the wood but the pup is safely coddled next to him. The brown wolf returns to his human form after collapsing, the baby cooing down at him making Jin smile but it's quickly wiped away when something silently whips past his head.

Scrambling up, Jin runs to the left, continuing down the secret path to the neighboring kingdom, slipping past the front guards yelling at him. He continues, however, at an alarming rate, carrying something no one can see. He rushes through the dead crowd, towards the gates made of enemy bones, where more guards were on their way.

Jin yelps and clutches the baby to his chest and into the nook of his neck, his scent keeping the pup happy as he leaps onto an apple crate and then onto the top of a trailer before hurdling over the massive gate that opened up to the caste.

He slams into the floor and comes to a stop in front of the king he's been trying to reach. He scrambles up, gasping, but whimpers at the sight of the royal guards surrounding him, their red eyes fixed on him and silver spears poised to pierce his skin.

"What is your name?" The king steps forward, his mighty aura filling Jin with dread as he holds the pup in his arms.

"Oh Sehun's son."

"Onyxclaw's royal runner?" Jin's lip curls slightly and he shuffles forward, glancing at the guards who do the same.

"Onyxclaw has fallen." The king frowns and looks down at the pup, who blinks open its eyes and tilts its head in his direction. "This is the last known Jeon family member." The older's eyes widen, and he kneels on one knee, ready to grab the child, but it bites him.