Chapter Twenty- Seven- Everything Goes South

I didn't see Blake that night or the night previously. I wasn't sure where he was living now. Although I knew for a fact that it wasn't at mine. His belongings had conveniently disappeared as well.

The next day I kept glancing at my phone as I walked down the corridor in school. Faintly I heard the noises of the student body gossiping over the events of the weekend.

A big topic was the fundraiser- how much had been made, who had ended up with whom and who had looked the hottest.

Mason's name flashed on my screen with the text message- Can we talk?

I kept biting my lip as I stared down at it. We had been on good terms lately. I didn't want to ruin our friendship again by being together. I had loved him deeply and my heart was broken when he left.

I knew a lot of the reason why I had been so hurt was because of my father. They had both left me at the same time.

Don't think about that.

Your dad is an asshole who wants nothing to do with your life. He made that perfectly clear.

When I looked up from my phone for the millionth time, I noticed that Cecilia was leaning against my locker with Blake across from her. They were extremely close and looked as they were in a heated discussion.

I could only imagine the types of dirty things he was saying.

"Excuse me." I muttered to Cecilia.

Her eyes flashed towards me as she broke away from Blakes embrace. "Oops sorry Sam!" She moved away from my locker and kissed Blake firmly on the lips. "I have to go but I'll see you tonight?"

Blake's eyes darkened with need as he nodded with a smirk on his lips. "Of course."

She skipped down the corridor with a sweet smile on her lips. I watched as she flipped her hair behind her shoulders with the student body trailing her every move.

What the hell.

Since when did she become so popular?

My whole body was vibrating with rage. I gave up on my locker's combination and looked up at Blake. He stood there watching me as though he was waiting for an explosion. If I was smart, I would have ignored my impulse to spit the words and run. But rage was doubling my vision.

"So, what." I clenched my teeth together. "You've marked me off your list as a target and now you've found a new target?" 

"What are you talking about?"

"Don't play dumb Blake. It's obvious that Cecilia is your new target and you're ready to get into her pants." My cheeks were heating with every word I spoke.

He gave a chuckle. "No, Sam. Cecilia isn't a part of my list. I honestly just really like her."
My mouth popped open with a loud noise as he walked away. My hands shook at my sides.

I ran to the bathroom before I embarrassed myself further by crying in front of the student body.

The bathroom was deserted as I faintly heard the sound of the bell ringing for first period. I stared at myself in the mirror as tears silently fell.

I was really really stupid. I shouldn't care about him and Cecilia. He obviously didn't care for me that way. It was obvious.

I should stop thinking this way about him. It was hopeless.

I quickly rushed off to class once I had collected myself. My new teacher Mr. Cooper didn't say anything as I ducked my head and walked quickly to my seat. Once I sat down- his eyes bore into mine. I cringed and waited for my punishment for being late. It didn't come.