Chapter Thirteen - Game Master

CHAPTER THIRTEEN-

I stood still my breath hitching as the little girl ran towards the man. He opened his arms for her as she gave a shriek of laughter.  A women stood a few steps away, she was also laughing. My heart thumped loudly in my ears.

“Sam?” I quickly pressed my hands to my eyes before the tears started running down my cheeks. “What is it? Why did you ask me to come here?”

“I wanted to talk to you.” My voice came out dull.

Too many things to worry about today.

She sat across from me in the booth as I looked away from the window. “What happened?”

The words spilled out of my lips. “My dad left us.”

Her voice rose to a higher note. “What?” She leaned forward. “When did this happen?”

I avoided her eyes and looked out the window. “He cheated on my mum. He found another woman and…” I took a deep breath. “A new family.”  My lips lifted in a half smile. “The last time I saw him I told him to go to hell.”

Alley reached over and grabbed my hand. “I’m so sorry. I’ve been so self centred around my own life that I didn’t even notice. I knew that something was wrong but this…”

But this.

I pulled my hand away and gave a shrug. “Yeah well. Caleb’s your first boyfriend and he’s… he’s perfect for you.”

“How’s your mum doing?”

I laughed harshly and met her eyes. “She has guys inside her bedroom every weekend. I think that she’s just fine.”

This was exactly the look that I wanted to avoid. The pity. “Sam… I’m sorry.”

“You said that already.” I didn’t mean to sound so mean. There was a feeling in my stomach that was building.  I couldn’t talk to her about this. Not when everything in her life is so perfect and neat. I was jealous.  I gave a laugh. “Oh and lets not forget the fact that Blake has almost kissed me twice.” I met a blank look.
Alley stared at me silently for a few seconds before she started laughing.

“Blake tried to kiss you?!” Tears filled her eyes. “That’s ridiculous! As if he could ever expect that you’d want him!” Her whole body shook with laughter.

I joined in though sounded forced.

His voice filled my head.

“Do you want to kiss me Samantha?”
“Do you want me to kiss you Tyler?”

Did I want to kiss him? Was that so ridiculous? Yes Sam. Yes it is!

Alley shook her head. “Listen you’re my best friend Sam and I don’t want anything to happen to you. I think that you should stop leading him on. Your plan with Caleb is stupid.”

I swallowed hard. “Remember when you trusted me with the plan against Mel? Can’t you trust me with this?”

“No.” She rolled her eyes. “That plan turned out terrible.”

“I make amazing plans.” I shrugged. “That was just an… obstacle that we didn’t expect.”

“Sam we almost lost our friendship over that. Mel turned us against each other.”

“All I’m doing is making him fall in love with me and then I’ll turn him down.” I gave a smile. “What could go wrong with that?”

“I don’t know a hundred billion things?” She eyed me wearily. “I hate that smile it means that you have a whole bunch of things planned. It’s evil.”

“You don’t need to worry. I have this all thought out.” I shrugged. “Blake wont be expecting a thing. Oh yeah, Mel says hi.”

She jumped in her seat and pointed at me. “See another obstacle! You haven’t even thought about her all this! Mel is extremely jealous.”

“So is ten thousand other girls with Blake.” I leaned forward. “I don’t think I can do this without you Alley. I need my best friend, my Watson.”

She frowned. “I thought we went over this? I’m Sherlock.”

“Please. I’m the game master. I make the plans.”

Alley rolled her eyes. “I guess I better support you in this or you’ll do something really stupid. Someone has to stop you.” She leaned forward. “So what’s first?”

I shrugged. “I don’t know yet. I’m guessing something with the new charity event?”

“Charity? Really Sam? Really?”

I laughed. This time it felt right. “I heard a rumour that the basketball team is the one that were bidding on. Hmm.” My voice trailed off.  “Who should I go on a date with?”

She pointed a finger at her self. “This feeling that I’m feeling right now is right out pity. The thought of you even going on a date with Blake makes me feel sick.”

I grinned. “No more than me.”

She rolled her eyes. “You’re ruthless.”

“And what does that say about you? You’re my best friend.”

“I’m an angel here to guide you off this evil path.”

I shook my head. “Well you’re doing a pretty crap job.” We both stared at each other for a couple of seconds before bursting out with laughter.

My heart exploded with joy.

By the time that I arrived home the sun had almost set. I walked inside my room to the sound of  ‘Wake Me Up’ by Avicii blasting in my room. Though it wasn’t my speakers playing the song it was next doors.

I frowned to myself and pulled open the blinds. Something that I hadn’t done in a while. A huge tree blocked most of the window, except for the visible figure in the room across from mine... who was dancing.

My mouth fell open as Blake stepped backwards and started jumping to the beat while taking off his shirt.

He threw the shirt to the floor. Oh dear god. He has a six pack? How is that even fair?

I wonder if he would find my one pack impressive.

As if sensing I was there. Blake looked up and smirked. His blue eyes pierced my own as they lightened. I almost kissed him today.

My cheeks started to heat as he quickly undid his jeans. He took them off easily and stood in blue boxers.

I couldn’t stop staring.

How could someone have such a nice body?

He chuckled to himself as he went to remove his underwear. I have a loud shriek before running from the room.

I stood shocked for a few minutes while staring at my hallway floor. My heart was running fast and my whole face felt heated.

Suddenly, I started laughing. How stupid did I just look? Why didn’t I just close the blinds? I squeezed my eyes shut for a second before deciding to take a shower.

The shower was always the best place to ponder concerning matters. It wasn’t until I was out of the shower that I realised that I didn’t have my clothes with me but were in fact in my room.

I slapped my hand to my forehead while grumbling to myself about how stupid I could be.  There was no sound of music from my room. I wrapped my towel around myself and literally crawled along my floor. I stayed as close as I could to the ground as I grabbed my clothes from my draws.

Let me tell you. It is extremely awkward trying to get dressed while lying down.
Once I was done. I decided that it was unavoidable to not stand up. I took a deep breath and walked towards my window.

Blake wasn’t there.

Though there was a note left on my windowsill.

I’m surprised that you didn’t use your binoculars. Then again, you wouldn’t need to. ;)

Oh, he is so dead. 

________________________________

I'm so sorry! It has taken so long to update! it's ridicules! I hope that you're enjoying this though. I will defiantly be updating more frequently! Thankyou so much for all your support in Someone Like You and this story. Honestly means so much !  You're all the best ! xoxo