Chapter Two- Rules & Games

CHAPTER TWO

I stared off into space, my eyes searching the room till they landed on Alley and Caleb. They sat together totally absorbed in each other.

Caleb was smirking and saying something towards her while holding onto her hand. Ugh, I hate couples.

“Aren’t they just gorgeous.” I looked up at Oliver and rolled my eyes. “Or not.” He grinned. “How was your Valentines Day?”

I thought back to yesterday. “It was great. So many guys wanted to give me flowers and chocolate.” I didn’t fall over and almost die.

Oliver chuckled. “You know I would have asked you out, except for the fact that you had detention.”

I stared at him in surprise and changed the subject quickly, “I have it today again.”

“Why?”

“One word- Blake.” I said with such acid and disgust.

“Ah.” Blake turned towards my desk as if he came out of no where. “I just heard the sweet sound of my name. Oh, look there’s my seat.”

“What are you-!” I bursted out.

Blake cut me off and held up the piece of paper with his name on it, from the vacant spot beside me. “This is my spot.”

My hand went flying towards the air. Our teacher- Mrs Brown looked up at me in surprise. “Mrs there seems to be a mistake, you put Blake beside me.”

She frowned. “There’s been no mistake Samantha.”

“Yeah Samantha, no mistakes.” He grinned towards me.

“You always make mistakes.” I rolled my eyes and turned away from him the same time that Oliver said.

“I can sit beside her.” I hadn’t noticed that he was still standing there beside my desk.

“I have allocated seats for a reason Oliver, sit beside your partner.” I watched as Olly went and sat across the room, looking defeated.

“So what’s going to happen there?” Blake suddenly said. “You going to become besties with Olly Wolly there and then after a year of falling in love, you finally get together.” He inclined his head towards Alley and Caleb.

“I’m over guys.” I muttered.

“So you’re turning towards girls?” He smirked, “That’s hot.”

“What! No!” I exclaimed. “I’m over having my heart ripped out from guys who don’t stick around.” Why am I explaining myself to him?

“So there’s been more than one guy?”

My cheeks flamed. “No.”

“So you’ve only had one boyfriend?”

“Yes.”

“Then that’s just once. You shouldn’t be so sick of it.”

I glared at him. “I don’t think you should be giving out advice Blake, considering the fact that you’re a man whore.”

“A man whore who knows a lot.” He winked.

“I don’t care what you know!” I exclaimed.

He shrugged. “Comes in handy some times.”

I couldn’t  help but gag. “You’re disgusting.”

He shrugged the same time that Mrs Brown came around and handed our holiday homework back.