Chapter Nineteen- Please Don't Break Me, Mr Player

CHAPTER NINETEEN- 

For a moment in my life again, I felt as though everything wasn’t terrible. From the day that my dad left… it felt as though everything was falling apart.

My mother.

Mase.

Alley.

Even though none of that was perfect. I felt somewhat not… so terrible.

Blake gave me a care less smirk as we passed down the hallway, his shoulder bumped into mine and I looked back to find him grinning. I laughed and shook my head at him.

The guys next to him thumped him on the shoulder and caused him to laugh. He looked away from me, grinning.

It was Blake. He made me happy. He made things easy… not terrible.

“Sam?” I stopped in front of Alley. “Can we please talk?”

I gave a nod. “Yeah, sure.” I placed my books into my locker and followed her outside. We sat at our table in silence.

People around us started piling out for lunch. I watched them behind her and found the eyes of Mason.

“Can I have you back?”

“You’re my best friend Sam.” I snapped out of my daze and looked at her. “I hate that things are like this around us. I just really hate what you’re doing with Blake… what he did to me last year-”

“I know.” I sighed. “I can't explain it A. I don’t know why…” I couldn’t finish that.

“Why what?”

“Why I want him.” I muttered.

“You can do so much better.”

“I know.”

“Do you even want to continue with that stupid plan you and Caleb have?”

As if on cue, Caleb sat beside her and gave me a look. “My exact question. Is what’s happening between you two apart of our plan?”

I swallowed hard. “I don’t know anymore.” I looked squarely in Alley’s eyes. “I love you too A, you’re my best friend and I know that you don’t want me hurt but please. Cant we just look past this? I know that you want to protect me but… you can’t. I think I really like him.”

She gave me a weak smile. “That’s what I was afraid of. You honestly are too stubborn sometimes.”

“Don’t you know it.” I smiled back.

Alley rolled her eyes and grabbed my hand. “I’ll be here for you though. You know I will.”

I squeezed back and looked up at Oliver. “This looks cute.” He commented before sitting beside me. “But you’re always cute.”

This was easy. Oliver and I always flirted. “Aww.” I grabbed his cheeks. “You are the one who is cute.”

He grinned and pulled away. “Oh, stop it you.”

“What’s going on with you and Mase?” Caleb asked.

I looked up to find Mason walking out the cafeteria with his food. I frowned, “I told him I didn’t want to get back together.”

“Why not?!” Alley exclaimed. I gave her a pointed look and she sighed. “Right. Maybe you can give him a chance? If you don’t he’s going to get over you and move on.”

“What do you mean?” I leaned forward.

“Sophia’s interested in him.”

“What? I thought she was interested in Blake?”