Chapter Eight- Partners In Crime

CHAPTER EIGHT

I stuffed my face with the chocolate given to me and grabbed a spoonful of delicious choc chip ice cream.

I shoved it all in my mouth and watched as Alley stared at me in concern.

“So he just left you there?” She said with disbelief.

I don’t know why she was surprised. It was Blake after all.

He had done worse things to her.

Unable to answer, I just simple nodded. Caleb sat beside her on the bed his hand squeezing hers. I couldn’t help but glare at that hand.

I wanted that.

I wanted someone who knew that I was upset about something and just grabbed my hand.

Was I… jealous of them? I blinked back my shock and met Alley’s eyes. “He’s a dick. I never want to see him again.”

Alley and Caleb had picked me up after Blake left me. I wanted to hurt him badly for what he had done. Forcing me to go on that date with him and then leaving me stranded. I had to walk back to the bar for reception. The bartender had stared at me the whole time with curiosity.

“I don’t know if you can do that.” Caleb said, interrupting my thoughts.

I snorted. “Of course I can. I’ll just ignore the crap out of him.” I paused. “Maybe he’ll ignore me. I did offend him pretty badly.” Hah.

Alley frowned. “What did you say?”

“Oh you know. The usual… dissed him and his family, called him a disgusting, sarcastic, dickhead.”

“And he let you live?” Caleb interrupted.

“Oh and I talked about Mel.” I frowned. “I still don’t understand what happened between them two.”

“Sam.” Alley said in one of those warning tones. She always sounded like she was telling off a child when she spoke like that. “You better not be planning anything.”

“Why would I plan anything?” I said innocently.

“Because that’s what you do. Blake’s trouble you don’t want to mess with him.”

“I heard something’s.” Caleb muttered.

I leaned towards him. “What do you mean?”

It was in that moment that the door slammed open and Oliver appeared out of no where, red faces and puffing. “Don’t tell her!” He yelled.

I jumped. “What the hell Ollie! What are you doing here!”

He sat beside me on the bed in front of Caleb and Alley. “I didn’t want to miss out on this. I didn’t want to miss seeing your face when he told you how disgusting this guy is.” He panted and met Caleb’s eyes. “OK you can tell her now.”

Caleb rolled his eyes and met mine. “Blake has this rule.”  I couldn’t help it, I was leaning forward with my own curiosity, my mind spinning with possibilities. “Never fall in love with a hook up.”

“So?” I muttered.

“This year Blake’s aim is to sleep with as many girls as he can in our year level. I think that you might be one of his targets Sam.”

I stared at him in disbelief. “Me?” I blinked and frowned “Why did you tell me the rule?”

Caleb smirked. “Just thought it might be handy.”

“Caleb!” Alley gasped. “Don’t encourage her. You know what happened with Mel.”

“What exactly are you suggesting?” I couldn’t help it, a smirk was forming on my lips.

From the corner of my eye Ollie had a growing disgusted look on his face. “What. No. You can’t do this.”

Alley had the same look on her face. “Don’t you have your own rule Sam?” She demanded. “You told me years ago that you would never fall for a guy who is a player.”

“I’m not.” I smiled. “But I’m going to make him fall in love with me.” I looked at Caleb, “What’s your motivations Conner’s?”

“Grudges from last year.” He shrugged. “Tricking us and kissing my girl friend.”

“You sure you want to do this?” I asked. “This could get crazy.”

He smirked. “I’ll help you Sam, don’t worry.”

Hm. Looks like I have a new partner in crime. Plans started to form in my mind. Ones again, that might get me in trouble.

“Deal.” I smiled and held out my hand.

Caleb shook it once. “Deal.” He repeated.

This should be fun.

_________________________

apologies for the shortness of the chapter!
xoxox