Chapter Eighteen- Flashbacks

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN-

I was still standing there like some idiot as I leaned against my door and thought about the day.

Blake… how is it possible that no one knew that side of him?

I’d never met anyone like him. I felt suddenly empty without him around me, which was weird.

Did I miss Tyler Blake? No, of course not. The guy just gave me a distraction. Though even I had to admit what a distraction he was.

My thoughts stopped when I looked up at a car’s approach.

Mason climbed out and stormed towards me. What the hell? He stopped at the bottom of the stairs. “I don’t know what the hell is wrong with you Sam but I’m not going to let you get heart broken over this guy for no reason.” He shook his head with his hands shaking. “This isn’t you! You believe in falling in love with a guy who’s going to treat you right. Not a one-night stand with a guy who’s just using you for sex-”

“Okay number one.” I held up a finger. “You’re not going to let me? And number two.” I placed another finger in the air. “Who said I was having sex with him?”

“It’s what Blake does with girls Sam. Alley told me about his stupid list and how he’s just trying to get in bed with you. He doesn’t want the same things you do Sam. He wants as many girls as he can get.” Mason’s face was growing a deep red. I knew he was getting angry because that was the only colour he made when he was that angry.

“Oh yeah?” I snapped. “So what, you’ve been stewing on this all day and then finally decided to come out and tell me what you think huh? Well, did Alley tell you that Caleb and I have a plan? I’m going to make him fall in love with me and then break him.”

“Another plan?” His eyes widened in disbelief. “Aren’t you over that? You’re plan didn’t work for Alley. How is it going to work for you?”

“It did work for Alley. She got Caleb didn’t she?”

He gave me a blank look. “So how is the plan going? You think that he’s falling in love with you?” A knowing look passed on his face. “You don’t want to do it anymore do you?”

A faltered for a second. Thoughts running through my head that questioned the whole thing… Blake was a good guy. Wasn’t he? So, I lied. “Of course not. The guys a jerk.”

A look of relief passed over his face. One that suddenly made me angry. How dare he? I’m not his. “Good.”

“How did you find me anyway?”

“Alley told me that Blake was your next door neighbour so I asked around school for his address because of all the parties he throws and then I’ve just been going around to every house.” He hesitated for a moment while looking behind me. “Can I come in? I’m sure that you’re dad will love to see me.”

“It’s late.” I finally said.

Mason gave me a funny look and stepped forward. His hand suddenly grasped my own. It was warm. “I want to make things right Sam. You’re my best friend and it’s killing me to have you angry with me… Were meant for each other. You know it. I told you that I’d come back for you eventually didn’t I?”

When I looked into his deep brown eyes, I watched as the little bit of sun shined on them and revealed a gold.  A painful memory resurfaced. The same painful look reminding me of what happened.

I scrunched up another piece of paper and threw it on the floor. How was this so messy? I looked up at the sound of footsteps. A grin formed my lips. “Hey there.” I grabbed his hand, pulled him towards me and kissed him lightly on the mouth. “I was thinking, after this we could go and get some pizza? I think I need something deliciously oily. This is way too much work.” I gestured towards my papers on the ground.