10° 𝙂𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙥 𝙙𝙚𝙘𝙞𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨 & 𝘽𝙖𝙜𝙚𝙡𝙨

The next morning, Cassie was up early. She had planned to go to the library and learn about animagis. She had become very curious about them and was going to use McGonagall's note to check out a book from the restricted section. She was also going to try find an explanation for the ball of fire that kept appearing.

She slipped out of the room without waking the girls up.

She rushed out of the common room and waited for Regulus, who she had asked to help her, in the alcove. Regulus appeared several minutes later, so they made their way to the library, where Cassie explained her situation to him.

"Okay, so you conjured a ball of fire without a wand and decided it would be a great idea to show your nemesis, James Potter.,"

"Yeah pretty much." She nodded.

"WHY! HE'S THE WORST PERSON TO TELL!" He gasped.

"I DON'T KNOW" she moaned into her hands as she dragged them down her face.

"You have to show me!" He gushed.

"I will later, but for now, let's just work out what's going on with me."

"How about you read this half" he pointed at a short stack of books. "And I'll read this half," he finished, pointing at the taller stack of books.

"Fine by me," she agreed, happy at her own end of the deal.

"What? You're not going to argue about how many books I'll have to read?"

"No? Do you want me to?" She asked, slightly confused.

"No," He told her. "That normally works," he muttered to himself.

"What normally works?" She asked, overhearing him.

"So I normally do this trick where I give the other person a small stack of books and give myself a big stack and normally as soon as I do, they argue about how many books I'm going to read then take some off my pile so I end up reading less than them,"

"Your Slytherins coming through, you cunning snake." She smiled, impressed at his tactic.

"I mean, I am a Slytherin through and through,"

"I guess that's why it didn't work on me then," she realised

"What?"

"Well, I was nearly placed in Slytherin," she explained

"This is the first I'm hearing about this. How come you didn't get put in Slytherin?"

"I asked to be put in Gryffindor,"

"Why? Didn't want to be an evil Slytherin?" He asked, offended at the fact that his best friend had begged to not be placed in Slytherin.

"What? No! I asked to be placed in Gryffindor because that's the house my grandma was in and I wanted to feel close to her again," she explained with an upset tone.

"Oh Cassie, I'm so sorry! I just assumed you would hate to be in Slytherin like everyone else."

"Of course not! I would love to be a Slytherin! I mean, you guys are so fun to be around and even though you guys don't like to admit it, I love how you guys will do anything for the people you love."

"Ugh, stop being so sappy."

"Ha! You're blushing!"

"No, I'm not!" He said, covering his red cheeks with his hands.

"Yes, you are!" she said, trying to tug his hands off his cheeks to reveal his blush.

"No, I'm not!" He said, trying to keep his hands glued to his face while cassie continued to tug at them.