Chapter 1

Your POV

"I can't believe we're finally out of high school and starting at the same university!" Minjeong exclaimed as she placed the last box of her things in our shared apartment. I couldn't help the smile that formed on my face as I realized what she said really was happening. I had been waiting for this day in all my high school years. The time where I would be away from that hell hole and finally some place new where hopefully no one knew me, other than Minjeong.

"Yeah, it's crazy to think about and also the fact that we live together and away from our parents." I chuckled at the thought as I fixed the couch's position in the living room.

"You know what that means?" Minjeong wiggled her eyebrows at me.

"Ya nasty!"

"I didn't mean that! I just meant parties, and you were the one that was nasty for thinking that!"

I could only roll my eyes at what she said and push her shoulder when I walked pass her towards the kitchen while she laughed loudly. I started unpacking some of the boxes we had in there while Minjeong sat on one of the chairs we had already placed in there by the dining table.

"You know, you could help out so we could be done faster." I raised my eyebrows at her as she looked back at me with a bored expression.

"Nah I'm good, besides you seem to be doing a good job at it."

"You know I hate you, right?"

"I love you too!"

---

I parked my car in a free parking space at the university's parking lot and just looked at the huge building in front of me. The nerves started kicking in and I felt my palms start getting sweaty. I gripped onto the steering wheel tightly until my knuckles turned white when a hand suddenly landed on one of my hands.

"Relax Y/N, you're going to be fine. Remember, this isn't high school." I turned my head to look at Minjeong as she smiled softly at me. She squeezed my hand in hers until I let go of the steering wheel and then she let go of my hand to pat my head instead. I smiled at the gesture and encouraging words before I let out a sigh and got out of the car.

"Besides, even though we won't be studying the same, I'll still be here in the same building. They won't take attendance in university, like in high school, so just message me if there is anything wrong and then we can meet up." Minjeong reassured me as she also got out of the car and walked towards me. She took my hand in hers and pulled me with her towards the entrance.

"Thanks Minnie, I can always count on you! And the same goes to you." I kissed her on the cheek before we split ways to go to our first lectures.

I was so lost.

I already hate this.

After some time of walking around and almost entering wrong lecture halls, I finally found the right one and entered right away. Having a major in dance meant both dancing but also having lectures, and since today is the first day we had a lecture as an introduction to the class for this semester.

When I walked in I noticed the clock on the wall beside the blackboard that showed 8:05 am, which meant that I still had ten minutes before the lecture would begin. The lecturer still hadn't arrived, but the lecture hall was almost filled up. I walked down towards the middle of the lecture hall where I saw an empty seat beside a dark haired girl at the end of the row. I walked up to her and poked her shoulder lightly to get her attention as her back was turned to me and she was talking to two other girls on the other side of her.

"Hi, is this seat tak-" I stopped talking when I saw who it was and the neutral expression on my face turned into one of shock before it quickly switched to anger. The girl looked up at me in surprise before her expression also changed to one of anger.

The girl was none other than Shin Ryujin, the only person I hated in this world.

As we both realized who we each were looking at, we yelled at the same time.

"You?!"

***