Chapter 8

Your POV

I am currently in the coffee shop I work at with Minjeong. The two of us were working while Karina sat at a table nearby so she could talk to us. I told her about everything between Ryujin and I and to say she was mad would be an understatement.

Minjeong and Karina actually met each other for the first time today and it was quite funny - well mostly for me... alright only for me.

They were a bit shy and blushed around each other. It was the first time I saw either of them like that, so I was a bit surprised. I was definitely going to talk to them each, because I could tell they liked each other. I don't know if Karina has ever dated anyone but Minjeong dated a girl once which did not turn out great and I think she deserves to be happy for once and hopefully that will be with Karina.

"So you're telling me she was threatening you." Karina asked as she took a sip of her cappuccino made by Minjeong.

"Well no-"

"Yes"

Minjeong and I looked at each other after we both answered at the same time.

"You really think she wasn't threatening you?" Minjeong asked as she looked at me in shock.

"Well I mean yeah, but I don't think it was that serious with her."

"No Y/N, it was definitely serious. She was going to out you in front of the whole school and she threatened you with that. So there's no discussion there because she did threaten you."

I just nodded as I figured I was being stupid for thinking otherwise. It's just that some part of me still hopes for Ryujin to change. She did obviously threaten me but sometimes I can be blinded by the image of how she was before everything. I was obviously hurt when she threatened me but I tried to push it aside and make myself believe she didn't.

"Anyway, I'm just happy you're okay now Y/NN." Karina said as she smiled softly at me which I just returned instead of answering her.

"Enough of this sappy shit, the most important thing is that it's over now and she can't hurt you. Now please go clean those tables over there, Y/N." Minjeong said as she pointed towards the other end of the coffee shop.

"Why don't you do it?"

"Because I'm cleaning up by the counter."

I looked towards the counter that was clean since I was the one who cleaned it just ten minutes ago. I looked back at Minjeong with a "you can't be serious" look as she just shooed me away.

Karina just laughed at our antics as I shook my head but took the plastic box for dirty dishes and a cloth to clean the tables. I walked off towards the first table I saw and while I was collecting the dirty cups I looked towards my two friends. They were getting along well, and I know Minjeong told to do this so she could spend some time alone with Karina but also because she did not want to this part of the job. I don't blame her and I want them to get together so I just did what she asked - well obviously after a little discussion.

I saw Karina and Minjeong laugh with each other and I couldn't be happier with the sight, because I wanted the both of them to be happy and if it meant being with each other then that's just a bonus.

I was so caught up in being happy for them that I did not realize a person walking up to me from the side.

"You know, you do look a bit like a stalker with how you're looking at them."

"Holy fucking shit." I gasped and turned to the side to see Yeji looking at me with an amused expression. "You scared me to death, don't do that again. Oh my god."