Chapter 7

Your POV

"That's my best friend!" I heard Minjeong yell out before running out of the cafeteria and towards me in the hallway.

"That was just great! You were so badass out there." She said as she jumped at my back and hugged me from behind while I kept on walking towards the bathroom nearby. I chuckled lightly at her words but I couldn't shake of the feeling in my chest.

I was still nervous about people's reactions that I didn't even wait to see or hear it. I panicked slightly just thinking about it, I can't handle being bullied again. Yes, the rumor about me benefited me in my senior year of high school but that was only after two years of hell. I mean it did feel good to say that to Ryujin and now she will either back off or figure out something else to do to me. But I just don't feel like there is anything else she can do that will affect me as badly as this - if she was the one to tell everyone.

I pushed the door open to the bathroom as Minjeong let me go and walked behind me. I quickly looked under the stalls to check if there were anyone else in here, but luckily there weren't.

"Why aren't you happy? You told Ryujin off and you got to tell everything yourself instead of it becoming a rumor." She grabbed my shoulder and turned me around but once she saw the tears building up in my eyes her face softened, and she let out an "oh Y/N" before hugging me.

I sniffled and quickly brushed off a tear that had rolled down.

"I'm sorry," I pulled away from the hug and laughed lightly even though the matter at hand was not funny. "I don't even know why I'm crying."

"I do. That was a very difficult thing to do Y/NN, and you handled it amazingly. I'm proud you weirdo," Minjeong punched my arm jokingly and I couldn't help the laugh escaping my mouth before I smiled softly at her.

"Thank you, really Min. You're the best."

"I know," She flipped her hair over her shoulder. I just rolled my eyes and turned to the mirror to fix my makeup.

"So what are you-"

Minjeong was interrupted as the door to the bathroom opened and in walked Lia, Yeji and Chaeryeong. Ryujin was nowhere in sight, which I was happy about.

I quickly fixed my makeup as there was an awkward silence in here. I turned around to walk out with Minjeong as I saw her keep glancing between the three who entered and me. I was about to walk up to them to ask them to move out of the so I could get out but they beat me to it.

"Can we talk, Y/N?" Yeji asked looking at me with puppy dog eyes and fidgeting around on her feet.

"I don't think that's a good idea..."

"Please? We just want to apologize." To say I was shocked with that statement would be an understatement. Instead of answering her, I just let her keep talking since I didn't know what to say. I looked beside me and saw Minjeong standing there with crossed arms and an intimidating look on her face. She is so protective of me, it's honestly cute.

"We're sorry for everything that happened in high school and also for how you were treated these first few weeks of university. We would apologize for Ryujin, but we already know she won't change her behavior around you. And-"

"What makes you think an apology will be enough? You guys put me through hell. I know Ryujin did more than you three but you were still a part of it. Besides-"

"We know an apology isn't enough, but we wanted to start off with that. We obviously need to earn your trust, and we will work on that. But hopefully you will accept our apology for now and let us try to make it better." Lia interrupted me as she held out her hand for me to shake as the start of something new.