CHAPTER ELEVEN

(French and English)

Shadows, laughter's, footsteps, voices, and chaotic presence of Seven Friends scatter upon the ancient rooftop of Palais Garnier, their favourite hide out. A place they all run to when things get rough, a place they find comfort and a place where their friendship all started. Seating on a piece of blanket, staring into the beautiful and meaningful sunset, bottles of champagnes and snacks, place in the middle of the blanket, seven friends were all silence but loud at the same time.

"I'll miss this," Tong Yao hugs her legs close to her chest, resting her chin on top of her knees and holding her glass of champagne. Lu Yue seating beside her, looking at his childhood rival with a roll of eyes before taking off his blazer and placing it on top of her shoulder.

Her friends look at her all with mix and different expressions. Trey and Jin Yang rolls their eyes so back that Tong Yao believes they finally saw their empty skulls. Mattheo chuckles and Theodore shakes his head. Whilst the father of the group only smiles and nod.

"You sound like you're leaving us," Lu Yue speaks, leaning backwards and having his palms resting on the ground, "Like literally leaving us,"

Tong Yao chuckles and look at her friends, "I cannot dare do such thing," she spoke before looking back at the sky with a smile, "I just miss him," she whispers against the wind. She feels the stares, the concern stares of her friends, but she ignores them...smiling she turns to her friend, "Do you think he'll ever wake up from coma?"

Theodore and Pierre instantly nod their head.

"Of course, he will," Theodore smiles, "He's a fighter,"

Tong Yao nods in agreement and smiles even larger when her friends smile and nod as well. They all miss him, his presence, his laughter, his jokes, his voice...everything. They miss everything about their eighth friends. The eighth friend that brings joy when things and days are dull, the eighth friend who's who personality is the sun. It feels so wrong to hang out in a place with so many memories of him but not with him. It feels so wrong to laugh and joke in such place...a place they use to laugh and joke with him.

Everything about the rooftop feels so right but so wrong at the same time.

Trey suddenly jumps up from seating and claps his hand together, getting the attention of his friend.

"You really cannot live without any attention, can you?" Mattheo jokes as Trey throws a small pillow at him, "Careful, we don't want to hit any pedestrian down there,"

Rolling his eyes Trey smiles again, before speaking, "Anyway, enough with sadness, I'm sure he will not like this if we're sad," he cheers the depressing atmosphere around them away, "Let's play UNO and whoever losses have to scream something embarrassing, scream so loud every Parisians can here you,"

Jin Yang stand up beside Trey and nods her head, "I like that idea," she smirks, "a perfect punishment," she laughs before turning around and lifting one of the stones and grabbing a treasure box, "We'll only play three rounds and then then just hangout," she reminds, knowing how noisy they'll get if they continue to play during the night.

Everyone else stands up and move closer to each other before seating back down into a smaller circle. Jin Yang place the chest in the middle and opens it, everyone smiles at the treasure inside, pictures, polaroids, markers, cards, card games, books, cameras, board games...so much treasure that hold a very significant and treasurable memories.

Grabbing the old and tatty UNO cards, Jin Yang closes the box and Trey sets it aside. Mixing the card around before passing them to each person, ending with seven cards.