CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Arriving at Tong Yao's favourite hotpot restaurant, Lu Si Cheng quickly opens the door for Tong Yao grabbing Da Bing's cage. Tong Yao frowns her eyebrows, suspicious of Si Cheng's actions, only receiving a teasing smile and a shrug they make their way inside the restaurant. It's both their favourite restaurant, have their privacy protected, the employees being trustworthy to keep what they hear and see inside the restaurant, and lastly because it has a pet booth.

Having enter the main entrance, the two removes their covers and soon an employee that knows them so well rushes towards them with a huge smile, greeting them politely. Being a very close person towards Lu Si Cheng and Tong Yao, Wang Jia laughs slightly as he hugs his cousin, Tong Yao tightly. Even when he knew that Tong Yao has returned to China, five months ago, his busy life has kept him occupied hence not being able to visit her.

Grabbing Da Bing's cage as he always does, Wang Jia speaks to the two, "When did you return?" he asks walking beside Tong Yao.

"Not long ago," she answers, smiling widely at the high school close friend, "How have you been? It's been a while since we saw each other,"

Wang Jia laughs and opens the door for the two, "I've been well, college's tough though," Tong Yao only nods in agreement, understanding the pain of her friend.

Wang Jia is a friend since high school, a very close and trustworthy friend of Tong Yao. They have been going to the same school since kindergarten, having the same social status, they've bump into each other multiple times during event. However, none of them interacted with each other until high school. Not only are they very close friends, Wang Jia and Tong Yao share the same cousins Wang Zhan Xiao.

Being the heir of his family corporation, one of the many huge corporations in China, many wonders why he has a job as a waitress when he could be living the best of his life without needing to work for money. However, growing up Wang Jia has always ignored the wealthy that will soon be his and dreamt of having his own self-made money.

"Have you heard about Zhan-ge?" Wang Jia asks the two whilst he hands them the menu. Lu Si Cheng nods his head silently and Tong Yao chuckles whilst nodding her head. Mentioning the cousin in trouble, Wang Jia couldn't help but shake his head, remembering the whole story, why Wang Zhan Xiao has been grounded.

Tong Yao not knowing the full story and only knowing some parts of it, having Si Cheng tell her during the drive, can only focus on the menu in front of her, whilst her cousin and captain have a conversation. Her eyes widen every second, looking through every food, that she's been craving to devour. There were Asian restaurants in Paris, however they never taste the same, it never really satisfies her cravings.

After exchanging few more words with each other, Wang Jia collecting their orders he left the two with privacy going to the kitchen to get their food ready. Silence dawned upon Tong Yao and Si Cheng, both have run out of topics to talk about, Da Bing being in the pet playground, they don't know what else to talking about.

"Where are you staying tonight?" Si Cheng asks, making something from the tissues in front of him. Tong Yao shrugs and yawns, sleepiness catching up to her and watching Si Cheng make something of the place tissue.

Raising an eyebrow, he stops what he was doing, "You don't know?"

Nodding Tong Yao answers, "Mhm, I don't know," she yawns again, "I didn't think it far ahead, my house is too far, so I'll probably just get a hotel,"

Uncomfortable with the thought that his girl will be staying in a hotel all by herself. Si Cheng, frowns, thinking about other options and places for her to stay the night. The captain himself, knows the