Chapter Nineteen

Looking at the trolly full of snacks, food, and other things that Tong Yao might need, Si Cheng shrugs his shoulder and added more lollies into the trolly. Despite knowing that he'll get an earful from Xiao Rui for buying more snacks and lollies, he did not care at all. Being aware that Tong Yao prefers to eat snacks when stressed out and needs lollies when running out of energy, that's all he cares about.

Going to the cashier Si Cheng's lip presses into a thin line when he notices the terrified and wide eyes of the workers when looking at his trolly. Sighing softly, he waits patiently for the worker to finish bagging everything and he pays for it, wanting to leave immediately. He knew people has recognise him and has taken pictures, he needs to leave immediately before getting caught up with fans again.

Putting everything inside his car, he drives to his Penthouse, organising Tong Yao's room and adding some of the grocery in the fridge and pantry before he goes back to the head quarter. Looking at the time he sighs knowing he'll oversleep and have another set of earfuls from Xiao Rui.

On the driveway back to the headquarters his phone rings, showing his mother's number. With a sigh he answers, preparing for another information about a blind date she has set up from him. Si Cheng do not understand what his mother's obsession with him is needing to get a girlfriend and get married. Yes, he is old, 23 years old, however, he still has time. Right now, his goal is to win the National Trophy with his team... and spend more time with his girl.

"Yes ma?"

"I heard Tong Yao is part of ZGDX now?" her question slightly shocks him.

Never in his life will Si Cheng ever think that his mother will be talking about a different subject with him. More specifically talking about Tong Yao, it is not rare for Tong Yao to be their centre of topic, but in this context... it is certainly something he never thought to talk to his mother with.

Unknowingly a small smile tugs his lip at the mention of the name, nodding he answers, "Yes, she's the new member."

"Does Xiao Rui know?"

"Nope, not yet," he sighs in ease, "I'll have a conversation with Yaoyao about letting Rui ge know."

"Good, good," a small and soft chuckle leaves his mouth, hearing the worried tone of his mother, "I'm worried about Yaoyao, take good care of her, okay? You know what had happened right? Make sure she's safe and isn't hurt!"

"Always ma," Si Cheng rolls out a deep chuckle, "She's safe don't worry, just focus on the negative comments."

"Alright," she sighs defeatedly, "Make sure she eats well and keep her straight in path, you know how she is. Make sure she gets her daily exercise, that girl is forgetful, and she needs to do those exercise, and don't forget about the warm milk! She likes them warm but slightly hot before going to bed! And she can only have coffee twice a week okay!"

"Ma, I know," Si Cheng chuckles at the concern of his own mother towards Tong Yao, "I'm highly aware of this information, so rest assured that Yaoyao will be in great care under me, and pleas assure aunt and uncle that too."

A deep sigh leaves his mother's lip and a little shake of head from Si Cheng. His mother has always been fond of Tong Yao, since the birth, from his own memories he has spent more days of his life in Tong Yao's residence than his own. He spent most of his time hanging out with Yu Ming and watching as his little brother and Tong Yao create a very 'beautiful' friendship.

Before his mother has always made comments about how Tong Yao will be her daughter in the future, hinting something. However, the moment she found out about Tong Yao dating Jian Yang and the incidents that happened right after. Mummy Lu has decided to try and pull her son, Lu Si Cheng, out of the industry to take over their business. But when that did not happen, she decides to put her heir into blind dates.