Coworkers

'Finally!' You thought as you reached the daycare. The door to the daycare was a sky blue with white blotches resembling clouds, there was also a picture of a sun and moon, both sharing the same happy expression.
"Here goes nothing.." You heaved open the doors and stepped foot into the daycare.

You were suddenly blasted with deafening children music. But it wasn't that bad, you used to be a percussionist in marching band, this was just a simple lullaby. A deafening, childish, excruciatingly loud lullaby.
There were children running around, having the time of there lives. There were many jungle gyms. You were guessing about four or five.
As you walked deeper into the daycare, you remembered what you were here for, work and work only.

"GOOOOD AFTERNOON SUNBEAM!" A voice yelled from behind you, you were suddenly wrapped in a pair of arms and squeezed into a tight hug.
"O-oh! Well hello there! Me and my cracking ribs are happy to meet you!" You joked. But you weren't kidding, whoever this hugger was, they were seriously about to break your ribs.

"My apologies! Are you okay?" The hugger's grip finally released off of you, they spun you around to face him. "You must be the new coworker! Oh I'm SO happy that you're here! I'm Sundrop! But you can call be Sunny. Maybe even Sun, you choose!" Sun said, he was practically shaking with excitement.
Sun's head was actually like a sun with sun rays, he had dark brown pupils that studied your face. He curiously tilted his head before taking his eyes off of you and furrowing his non existent eyebrows.

"Micheal!" Sun yelled. "Do NOT eat the glitter glue!"
You turned around and saw a red headed boy with pale skin and freckles, stuffing glitter glue in his mouth. A whole lot of it. He stopped to look at Sun, then slowly but surely, he spat the glitter glue out into the table, leaving a glob of glitter. You turned back to Sun. "I hope it's Elmer's Glue, I think that's the only glue that's not toxic." You said. Sun looked back at you. It is Elmer's Glue! Good Golly you're so smart!" He said joyfully. You smiled. "Well thank you!" You replied.
Both you and Sun shared a smile before you glanced at your watch. "Well, since I'm very late, why not we get back to work? Or in my case. Get to work." You asked. Sun let out a giggle, covering his mouth with one hand. "Lead the way Sunbeam!"

A Few Hours Later

You were playing patty cake with a few of the children, they seemed fine. Maybe all that candy wore out on them.
Thank God for that.

"Okay kids!" Sun called from the other side of the room. "Grab your sleeping bags and get ready for nap time!"
You totally forgot this daycare had nap time. To be honest, the job was kinda fun!
You lowered your hands down from the patty cake game. "Okay guys, you heard Mr. Sun, go grab your sleeping bags for me, okay?" You asked gently.
The children nodded, stood up, and walked over to a nearby closet where the other kids were huddled to grab sleeping bags.

"Hey Y/N?"
"Yea Sun?" You whipped your head back around to face Sun.
"I uh..I need to talk with you for a moment." He said shyly, he shuffled slowly shuffled his feet from one foot to the other. His little shoe bells singing a quiet jingle.
Sun looked at all the children behind you.
"In private."
His voice sounded serene, this must've been serious. He almost sounded angry.
"Mx. Y/N?" A tiny voice said.
You looked around, then back at Sun.
Sun motioned for you to look down.
You glanced down, there was a little boy with big glasses and freckles. His face wore a quivering lip.
"Are you going to be laying down with us?" The boy said.
You looked at Sun, then back at the boy.
"Tell the other kids to get ready without me. Me and Mr. Sun are going to be talking about grown up stuff. I'll be there in a bit, okay?"
You gave the boy a sweet smile. He smiled back at me and ran off with the other children.
You looked back at Sun, he looked even more nervous than before.
He hurried off into another part of the daycare.