The Secret

"Wait up Sun!" You shouted, within seconds you were sprinting at my maximum speed. Who knew he was this fast? Maybe it was because of his long legs. "I ran track in high school! You do not want to be challenging me to a race!"

Sun wasn't even running, he was skipping. It was very surprising. At one point Sun ran into an opening of one of the jungle gyms. You shuddered with disgust as you continued after him. Did he really have to go into a place where all the nasty, ketchup smelling gremlins played in?

You climbed into the jungle gym and was immediately hit with the scent of feet. You gagged, but you couldn't gag for long before the smell of feet infiltrated your mouth and almost choked on it. "I can taste this shitty smell of feet Sun! Come on!"
You reached an intersection of four tunnels. 'Shit! Which way did he go?!' You worriedly thought. You looked around for a moment before sensing that someone was behind me.
"Boo."
You yelped. "Godammit Sun! You almost gave me a heart attack!"
"First of all, language. And second of all, sorry." He replied.
You turned around to face him. His face was serene, not the normal joyful face you were used to. He stared into your eyes for a moment.
"What we're you going to tell me?" You asked.
Sun snapped back to reality, "Oh, right. I uh-well, I.." he looked down at the plastic floor.
"Is this about the moon thing? I saw it on the door to the daycare. I was wondering when I'd see it." You interrupted.
Sun looked back up at you. It is actually. I just need to tell you that when the lights go off..you need to hide." He said, giving you a fearful look.
"Why would I need to-"
"Just do it! Please. For me?" He interrupted.
'What the fuck does he mean by "for me"? We literally just met! ' You thought, was he already trying to flirt?
"Alright, fine. If it makes you happy, I'll hide when the lights go out." You said, you threw your hands in the air before letting them fall back down. Why would you need to hide? If anything, this moon animatronic could be just like Sun, or maybe it was a little too aggressive with its friendly interactions.

"Thank you." He sighed, a feeling of relief escaped from him and flooded the air.
This must've been serious. Well, serious enough to the point that he had you follow him into a jungle gym.
You and Sun both stared at each other. Sun's cheeks turning a light shade of pink.
You also felt a small bit of heat coming from your face as well.
"Well, we should get back to the children before they start to-"
"Mr. Sun? Mx. Y/N? We're ready for nap time!" A voice called from outside the jungle gym.
"Before they start calling our names." You said, sighing in exasperation.
Sun chuckled, "Yea, but just remember to hide, okay?" He asked.
"I'll hide, don't worry." You ensured Sun. He smiled at you. His shiny teeth flashing as a dim light reflected off of it.
You let out a short laugh. His smile reminded you of a dog's smile.
'Cute-ass animatronic' You thought. 
Another wave of heat escaped your face and you smiled.
"Right then," You said, trying to stop your blushing. "we should be heading back." You looked around, which way did you come from? Are you lost? "Here, I'll take you down. I can tell from the look of your face that you're lost." Sun said. Without warning, he scooped you up in his arms and carried you out of the four way intersection.

'Why is Sun so warm?' You thought, he felt like a giant heated blanket was wrapped around you. It felt nice. Sadly, the moment was ruined when you saw light at the end of a tunnel.

Sun gently put you on the ground. All the children were at the front of the daycare near the "security office" in their sleeping bags.
"Who's ready for nap time?" Sun asked, his joyful expression spreading all throughout his face. He happily skipped over to the children and handed out candies wrapped in dark blue wrappers. You reached the spot where the children were sleeping. A lot of them were by the lights for some reason. 'Maybe it's because of the moon thing..' You thought curiously. Sun walked over and stood right behind you. "Sweet dreams everyone!" He said.
Before Sun turned off the lights, he knelt down and whispered in your ear. "Remember what I told you?" He asked. You nodded in response. "Good, stay safe.." It was almost like Sun had commanded you to be safe. Like he was the king and you were merely one of his subjects.
Click. The lights went out.