21. 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝘁𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗮 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗰𝗵'𝘀 𝗽𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗲

JIMMY WOO WAS MORE THAN HAPPY TO DELIVER COFFEE TO HIS NEW FRIENDS. Maybe they're not exactly friends but rather co-workers; however, Jimmy seems to spend most of his time with the two women, and he considers them acquaintances.

In a way, they're his co-worker friends, and Jimmy was okay with that. Usually, Jimmy doesn't try to get too buddy-buddy with his co-workers, but this felt different from the group in the FBI unit; Monica was determined to find other solutions to help Wanda and Eszter rather than exploit them and frame them as evil sisters. Darcy is intelligent and managed to get him inside Westview, and she was the first to crack the code. Plus, Darcy is easy to have a conversation with.

The FBI agent sped walked through S.W.O.R.D. as fast as possible without letting the coffee spill through the small holes, and he didn't want to drop hot coffee all over him. He rounded corners, turning left and right, then going through halls and passing other S.W.O.R.D. agents. Jimmy was on a time crunch, knowing he was missing a small brief meeting meant for the three of them, but Jimmy thought it would be nice to deliver everyone a cup of coffee for their time.

As he rounded the last corner, Jimmy was storming into the small room where he spotted Darcy first, sitting on the table with paper scattered all around her; Monica was giving a quick idea of what she could use that'll give her a nudge to get back inside Westview, but Darcy wasn't too keen about the idea. It sounded sketchy and definitely not safe. Monica was on the right page to the scientist, but the woman didn't realize that she had barely made it out alive. Something was itching the back of her mind, but Darcy had been holding back up until the right timing.

"What'd I miss?" Jimmy asked, setting the tray of coffee down.

"The twins aged up to ten," informed Darcy,

Jimmy's eyes widen briefly, passing the coffee to Darcy. "Holy Christmas. At this rate, they'll be empty nesters by dinner time."

Darcy jerks her head, making a face. "Yeah, Wanda wasn't happy that Eszter let the twins bring home a stray dog," she lowered her coffee, knitting her brows into a frown as she sat in thought. "It's so weird seeing Eszter in there after everything we'd seen. It's like she got into characters as soon as she got the chance."

Jimmy turned and left Monica's coffee on the table as he took his to the empty seat across Darcy, taking a small sip. "Well, maybe she thought she had to?" Jimmy frowned. "Or maybe Eszter didn't really plan on coming back when we let her in. I mean, that's her sister; I'm sure she'd do anything for her."

Darcy hums, taking a sip of her coffee.

Disassociated from their conversation, Monica felt the lightbulb over her head blink on. "I know an aerospace engineer who'd be up for this challenge," a grin slithered to her lips, feeling the success finally sparking.

Darcy, a little concerned, commented. "But I can't guarantee the Hex won't just mind-wipe you as you go in."

Monica paused from her texting, looking up at Darcy. "Wait," she furrows her brows. "What's a Hex?"

A sheepish smile tugged on her lips. "Oh, um, it's what I'm calling the anomaly because of its hexagonal shape," answered Darcy, a small ounce of pride shifted on her shoulders. "It's starting to catch on."

Monica glanced at Jimmy like she was looking if it were true, but Jimmy merely shook his head. No one's bothered to call the anomaly Hex. At that, Darcy looked a bit depleted that no one thought to use the clever name she'd come up with, but the woman knew that wasn't an issue she should be pondering about right now.

"You really wanna go back in there?" asked Darcy. "After everything she's put you through?"

Dropping her phone on the table with a quick thud, Monica sighs. "Yeah," she pursed her lips as she could see the memories play out in her mind like a movie. "Yes, I do."