Run away (Daryl Dixon)

POV: You have always been the overlooked child, the oldest of seven. Constantly having to do chores or take care of your siblings. The only person who cares for you was your best friend Daryl Dixon. One night Daryl suggests you run away together. At first, you think he is crazy, but maybe you were wrong.

Sidenote: If you couldn't already tell this is post-apocalyptic Daryl.  

TW: Smut Tease

Word count: 3078 

Your dad had left your family 6 years ago after Olivia was born. Your mom was a drunk, so it was pretty much up to you to take care of your siblings. There was Becket, he was 16 just one year younger than you.  

He never helped out though since he blamed you for your father leaving. You hadn't done anything wrong, but it was easier for him to blame you. Then there was Riley she was 14, and currently going through a moody teen phase. Next up was Faith she was 10. 8-year-old Ben. Your youngest brother Alec who is 7. Then the littlest of you all, Oliva. 

Daryl was over, he would usually sneak over at night. You heard a knock on the door and Daryl scrambled into your closet. "Come in," you called. Alec walked in. "Y/N I really want to play soccer, all my friends do," he sighed. 

"I know, I know, but we just can't afford it," You explained. "I hate you, you ruin everything!" He screamed storming out. You hated the fact you were unable to give your siblings the life they disserved. Whether it be crappy Christmas gifts or missed opportunities, your siblings all had the same sad look spread across all of their faces. 

You couldn't help but let a tear slip from your clouded E/C eyes. "Hey, hey, It's okay," Daryl spoke emerging from the closet. "You do your best," He smiled. "I know, I just wish I could give them more," you sighed. "I know, but you care for them, better than your stupid Mom and Dad could," Daryl spoke wrapping you in a hug. 

After a few moments of silent embrace Daryl spoke up. "Hey it's late we should get some rest." The two of you laid down. Your eyelids got heavy and you fell asleep. You awake the next morning to find Daryl gone. He was usually gone by the morning. 

You got up so you could make breakfast. You scanned the nearly empty pantry selves; making a mental note to stop at the store after work. You found a small box of waffle mix. After confirming with the box that it wasn't expired and you got to work. 

After you had made enough waffles to fill everyone, you made sandwiches for lunch. You nearly didn't have enough bread. You put them into the lunch kits, along with a few snacks you had scavenged from around the kitchen. 

You went around waking up sibling after sibling. It was a successful morning, you got everyone up, fed, and out the door in time. You dropped all the kids off, all at their school. Due to the grade difference, you had to go to a few different schools.   

You had a deal with Becket you would drive the kids to school, and he would drive them back so you could work. As much as he resented you, he knew your family needed the money. 

You got to school and headed to your locker. You were met with Daryl. You noticed a bruise forming on his jawline. God, you hated his Dad. As much as your parents sucked, they had never laid a hand on you. 

"Did he do that?" you asked, although you could guess the answer. "'s okay, ya don't need to worry 'bout me, ya 'ave so much on the yar plate already," He muttered. "Okay," you sighed, "But if you need someone to talk to I'm here," you reassured. 

After a tiring day of school, it was time for work. You ran over to Daryl's truck and climbed in. Mondays were the hardest day of the week, you had 2 three hour shifts. Which sucked considering your jobs were on opposite sides of town.