Why? Cause I Love Ya (Daryl Dixon)

POV: As the night of Deanna's party approached, you carefully chose a dress, wanting to make a positive first impression. The idea of living a "normal" life in Alexandria excited you, but your best friend Daryl seemed hesitant about the idea.

Side Note: For once I don't have anything to say. Well enjoy the story.

TW: Sexual Comments

Word Count: 1282

You stood in front of the full-length mirror, carefully examining yourself. The black fitted dress hugged your curves. For once since the world ended you didn't look like a complete train wreck. Your hair was styled, and you had make-up on. It was the night of Deanna's party, and you wanted to make a good impression.

The idea of being able to live "normally" again excited you. A town with walls, a place to live without fearing for your life. It wasn't familiar to you anymore. You were sure you would be able to get used to it again.

However, Daryl, your best friend, seemed hesitant about this idea. You knew he worried about letting his guard down and becoming venerable. You knew he would much rather be outside of the walls.

You checked the clock noticing it was almost 5:30. You headed out of the door to find Daryl sitting on the porch. He heard the door open and shifted his gauze to you. "Ya look ridiculous," Daryl commented.

You rolled your eyes. "What's that supposed to mean?" you questioned, annoyed by his comment.

"Look at ya. What's with 'at fancy dress?" We ain't like 'em. We don't need to impress anyone." Daryl.

"Daryl..." You sighed. "I know we don't need to impress them. Dressing up shows them our respect and gratitude. After all, they let us join their community." You gave him a reassuring smile. "Let's just give it a chance, please."

Daryl sighed. "I dunno Y/N."

You looked at him for a moment. "I'm going. Are you coming?" You asked.

He sighed and stared at you for a moment. "Fine," He grumbled.

"Good." You smiled. "Now, let's go." You held out your hand for him to take.

"Just cause we are playin' dress up, don't mean I'm gonna hold yar hand," Daryl grumbled.

You sighed, "Fine, suit yourself."

The two of you walk to the party. Daryl slowly trailed behind you.

You could sense Daryl's hesitation as the two of you approached the entrance. "Do we really have to go?" He questioned.

You gently nudged him with your elbow. "Come on. It'll be fun."

"Fun," He scoffed.

Daryl didn't look convinced, but he followed you inside. "I'm going to go grab us something to drink," you smiled at him.

In response, he nodded, and you left to go grab drinks. You noticed a group of people lurking in the corner. You heard them snickering and making remarks about your group. When they noticed you, you became the center of the conversation.

"She can dress like us, but she's not one of us," You heard a girl remark.

One added, "She's probably just as feral as the rest."

You looked up and met the eyes of one. "Awww, look, she looks like a little lost puppy."

He then decided to walk over to you. "You don't belong here." His tone was cold and unfriendly.

You tried to remain calm, despite feeling out of place. "Excuse me?"

"You heard me." He inched closer. "Your ass looks amazing in that dress. It's a pity this world turned you."

You felt your stomach churn at his comment. "Your disgusting." With that, you left. You headed back over to where Daryl was standing.

"Come on, let's go. This was a stupid idea anyway," You mumbled as you walked by Daryl.

Daryl trailed after you. "Hang on a moment."

Daryl had caught up by the time you reached the street. He gently grabbed your arm. "'ey girl, what 'appened in 'ere?" Daryl asked you.

"Nothing happened," You mumbled.

Daryl tried to speak. "Y/N-"

"Can we please just go home?" You plead.

"Sure," Daryl sighed in defeat. He wanted to press but decided against it.

You walk down the empty streets of Alexandria. Daryl walked by your side until you reached the door of your house.

You stepped inside. "Can I join ya?" Daryl asked.

You nodded in reply.

You walked into your bedroom Daryl on your heels. He sat down on the bed. "Y/N, come on, ya sure yar alright."

"You were right, okay. About everything, you were right." You spoke with a quivering voice. "We don't belong here. We aren't like the people who live here. We don't fit in."

Daryl tried to cut in "Y/N-" '

"And this dress, this stupid dress!" You muttered pulling it off. Daryl's eyes shot to the floor and a slight blush covered his face.

You turned your back to him looking for something else to wear. After a few minutes, you settled on a pair of shorts and a T-shirt.

You sat down next to him. "Why did you have to be right?" you whispered.

His voice filled with empathy, he spoke, "I wish I wasn't."

After a few moments of silence, he spoke. "Now, do ya wanna tell me what happened at the party?" Daryl asked.

Daryl listened to every word, as you told him about what happened. You noticed his expression go dark when you brought up the guy's comment. "I'm sorry Y/N," he said softly, before his tone became angry and low, "No one should talk ta ya like 'at."

"I really wanted this to work out," You sighed. "The group needed this."

"'ey we don't know that it's not gonna," Daryl spoke trying to brighten the mood.

You looked up at him with a "really" look. "I just wanted to live a normal life for once. That's all I wanted," You mumbled. "I wanted Carl to be able to be a kid, and Judith to grow up knowing nothing but the safety of the walls," You sighed. A few seconds later you added "I wanted to start a family." You spoke so quietly it was almost inaudible.

That caught Daryl's attention. "What?" He questioned.

"I-I wanted to start a family," You spoke louder this time. "I wanted to be somewhere, where they would have stability and safety."

Daryl didn't say anything. "Ya know, it's still possible. We can make it work 'ere. Aaron didn't see us like that guy did. Nor did Deanna, just that guy. Maybe ya can make it work."

You paused for a moment. "With who Daryl? I told you what that guy said didn't I?" Your voice broke. "Who would want to be with me?"

He walked over to you. Before he reluctantly cupped your face. "Y/N." He paused. "I would- I do want ta be with ya."

You looked up at him with complete and utter shock. You didn't know what to say as Daryl's words registered in your mind. He wanted to be with you? You felt a warmth spreading within you and your heart started racing.

Without thinking, you leaned in and pressed your lips to his.At first, he seemed surprised, but then he deepened the kiss, wrapping his arms around you. You kissed him with a hunger you never knew existed, pouring out all the emotions onto him.

Your hands tangled in his hair, pulling him in closer as your kiss grew more intense.Eventually, you both pulled away, breathing heavily. You looked up at him, a mixture of shock and love on your face. Daryl pressed his forehead against yours, his eyes closed.

You whisper a simple question, "What? Why?"

"Cause I love ya."