No More Secrets (Daryl Dixon)

POV: Y/N had been surviving the end of the world with a small group. She has no clue her brother is still alive. When things go sideways she decided to leave. What does her new group and future hold?

Side note: This is accidentally really similar to the start of my book No Path to Follow and the ending of the one-shot I'm With You. It wasn't all ways like that but as I patched the plot holes that's how it ended up. Also the more I wrote this the more plot holes showed up and the less I liked it so sorry if it sucks. 

TW: Sexual Assault

Word Count: 2750 

You had just fled from your old group. After one of the other members had gotten drunk and gone too far. So the next morning, before anyone else was up, you fled. You only took a small bag, with the essentials.

You just ran as far and as fast as you could. But stupidly you tripped over a root. You stood up and pain burst through your foot. "Shit," you muttered. If you ran into one walker you'd be as good as dead.

You continued, only at a much slower pace. Dragging your injured foot behind. You continued walking until you found yourself staring at a small girl. "Hey, I'm Y/N. Are you lost?" you spoke gently. She only nodded. "I could help you, find you, people," you suggested. She nodded again.

"Where did you come from?" you spoke. "I-I was on an h-highway," she mumbled. "There's a highway not too far from here, let's go check it out," you smiled. You walked for quite some time but finally arrived at the highway.

One of the dust-covered cars had something written on the window. It said, "Sophia stay here, we will come back each day." "is your name Sophia?" you asked. She once again nodded a reply. The two of you waited, and sure enough the next morning a man showed up.

"Sophia, we've been worried, 'specially ya're mom," He spoke. "Come on let's go," he spoke. But the little girl turned back and stared at you. "I'll be fine you go," you spoke. "Ya 'elped 'er?" He asked. Now you were the one nodding.

"Do ya 'ave a camp?" he asked. "No," you spoke. "Do ya wanna come with us?" he asked. You just nodded and began following them. You arrived at a farmhouse with the man and the little girl.

A woman ran over to the three of you. "Mommy!" The girl called out running up to the woman. "Oh thank you, Daryl," the woman cried. "Don't thank me that 'er," the man spoke pointing at you. The lady ran up to you giving you a tight hug. You had to try hard to keep your balance with your crappy foot.

"I'm gon take her to Hershel," He spoke. "Who?" you asked. "Hershel's that doctor, I've noticed ya've been limpin," he spoke. "And I'll ask Rick if ya can stay," He added. "Okay," you replied. Not even think about the fact that it could be your Rick.

You walked over to an older man. "Hershel, I need ya to take a look at 'er foot semithin happened," The man from before spoke. "Alright, what happened," The older man spoke. "I just tripped," you shrugged.

After the man examined you a bit more before telling you to keep off it for a few days. "Where will she stay?" Daryl asked. "Are there any more tents?" Hershel asked. "Dunno?" Daryl shrugged. "Ask Rick he will know," Hershel spoke.

Daryl brought you to sit on the porch as he went to look for whoever Rick was. Sure your brother's name was Rick, but he was dead, so it couldn't be him. You were sitting there taking in your surroundings when Sophia ran by with a little boy.

"Hey Y/N," she spoke as she stopped running. "Auntie Y/N?" The little boy questioned. "Carl," you cried as you realized it was your nephew. The little boy ran over to you, you picked him up and placed him on your lap.