A Love That Was Meant to be (Sam Winchester)

POV: Y/N had been hanging out with Sam and Dean Winchester for a few months now, and they had gone on some hunts together. When they got to the hotel, Dean took off to shower, leaving Sam and Y/N alone in the room. Y/N noticed Sam acting all fidgety and weird, trying not to look at or get too close to her.

Side Note: You might notice changes in my writing because, over the last few months, I have taken my writing offline. During that time, my writing style changed; however, for the most part, my plots will still be the same kind of thing that they have been.

TW: None

Word count: 1032

Sam sat on the edge of the bed, nervously tapping his fingers against his knee while you paced around the small hotel room. You guys had just come back from a hunt, and Dean had gone to shower, leaving Sam alone with you for the first time in what felt like forever.

As you stopped pacing and turned to face him, Sam gulped audibly before continuing, "So, uhm, how are things?" He asked, mentally slapping himself for the lame question.

You raised an eyebrow, a small smile playing at the corners of your lips. "Same old, same old. Hunting, saving people, the usual. How about you?"

"I'm," He paused, seeming unable to form the words, "Fine."

You pause for a moment looking at Sam. He was acting weird, and now looking at him, you could see he looked frantic. "Hey, is everything alright?" You asked. "You seem tense."

He let out a nervous chuckle. "Yeah, I guess I am. It's just... it's been a while since we talked, just you and me," He spoke, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Yeah, I get it. We've all been so focused on the job lately it's easy to forget to unwind," You sighed.

There was a moment of silence. Heavy tension filled the air. Sam's nerves were getting the best of him. It was starting to show.

You gently sat down next to him. "Sam, it's me. You don't have to be nervous around me. We've been through so much together. I think we can handle a few moments without Dean," You clarified.

He let out a breath he didn't even know he was holding. "Yeah," He chuckled, "I guess your right."

The two of you fell into a comfortable silence. The tension in the room slowly eased. Eventually, you stood up so you could unpack the bags you brought on the hunt.

Sam was still sitting on the edge of the bed, nervously fidgeting with his hands. You could tell he was deep in thought. You decided just to let him be. To busy yourself with the task at hand.

Once you had finished putting everything away, you turned to Sam, who was still deep in thought.

"Sam?" You questioned.

He looked up at you, "Yeah."

"You alright?"

He thought for a moment before speaking. "Yeah, I'm good."

"Are you sure?" You asked, noticing that he was shaking his leg. "Sam." You sat down next to him. You gently placed your hand on his thigh. "What's bothering you? You can tell me, you know.

He looked into your eyes for a moment before looking back at the floor. "Yes, I'm okay. I'm just thinking," He explained.

For a moment, you didn't say anything. Wanting to give him some space. But all too quickly, your curiosity got the best of you. "About?"

"Hmmm?" He looked up at you again.

Surprisingly, he held eye contact long enough for you to ask, "What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing," He shrugged.

You knew that was a lie. You had known Sam for long enough to know when he was keeping something from you. You sighed and decided to push a little harder. "Sam, come on, talk to me. What's been on your mind?"

He let out a shaky breath and kept his eyes trained on the ground.

You picked up on how much he was struggling. You realized he needed someone to show him he wasn't alone. So, without even thinking, you slowly got up. You turned around and took a few steps closer to him.

You stood in front of him, gently cupping his face in your hands and lifting it until his eyes met yours. "Sam, look at me," you said softly. "Please tell me what's bothering you," you added.

He sighed, slowly mustering up the courage to speak. "It's just... hard for me to talk to you sometimes," He explained. "Truth is, you make me nervous."

You slowly moved your hands. You were silently cursing yourself for getting too comfortable and probably making Sam uncomfortable.

"I like you, Y/N, and sometimes I worry I am going to say the wrong thing and screw up," Sam confessed, looking back up to meet your eyes.

You stood there for a moment in shock. You had always had feelings for him, but you never thought he shared your feelings.

Sam noticed your lack of words. He looked down, wondering what made him say that. Of course, you didn't share his feelings he thought to himself.

You notice him look back down. "Sam," You spoke, hoping to get his attention back.

He slowly looked up at you, and without another word, you gently placed your hand on the back of his neck. Pulling him up as you leaned down to kiss him. His lips were soft and warm against yours. You felt his arm wrap around your waist, pulling you onto his lap.

Sam deepened the kiss. His tongue brushed against your lips, sending shivers through your body. You both continued to kiss, your bodies molding together in a way that seemed so natural yet electric.

It was filled with passion and a longing desire. Which only grew with every moment. Each touch and caress ignited a fire fueled by desire and tension that had grown between the two of you. The longing for one another grew stronger with each breathless moment.

You slowly let your lips disconnect. You rested your forehead on his. "I like you too, Sam," You spoke breathlessly. Sealing a love that was meant to be.