Chapter 10: Gear Fortress

Mega Man and the Bad Guys teleports to the coordinates given by Sergeant Night. Unlike the fortresses Sergeant Night had before, his new base had a gear motifs to tie in with the Double Gear System.

"So this is where Princess is." Wolf said looking ahead.

"Looks creepy." Shark said.

"Creepy?! Hah! I laugh at fear! Let's go, amigos!" Piranhas said as he runs off to the fortress.

Mega Man and the Bad Guys makes his way to the main entrance, battling against waves of enemies. When he arrived at the entrance, he was attacked by an old foe. The Yellow Devil MK-III was tough as it used the Speed Gear, but was defeated nonetheless. Thanks with using using Blast Man's Schematics.

"Boy was that tough." Wolf said in exhaustion.

"Yeah, but we did it." Aki said looking at the rest who were exhausted a bit. After 30 minutes, they got up and pushed on.

Inside the fortress, Mega Man and the Bad Guys breached a grueling onslaught of the fortress's interior defense systems, including Skull Rollers, moving walls that kill on contact, and Skull Pillars, giant pillars with laser cannons that have to be destroyed in order to knock them down. The giant pillars were weak against the Special Weapons, Chain Blast and Pile Driver, where a Power Gear-infused attack with either of these weapons can take them down in one hit. They then faced off against Mawverne, a giant metal robot ball with dangerous lazer beams, but easily defeated with Bounce Man's weapon. They were on to the next room where they would face the Robot Masters again.