「THE BEGINNING OF THE END」

Once again, it was a normal day as mundane and satisfying as the fleeting days of the past month. However, something felt amiss.

Three demigods sat among the mortal students as they lazed around together in their guest lecture event.

Percy Jackson turned his head to face the door. As usual, just above the frame was a board stuck to the dark wood, the words 'AUDITORIUM' written in bold black below 'MEDICAL SCIENCE CAREER GUIDANCE SESSION'. Turning his head to the side, he saw the same cream colored walls and white rimmed windows that were veiled by translucent white curtains. All the students in the classroom looked the same as usual, and yet the foreboding feeling remained. The air was laden with a static and bare feeling as if it had been unveiled naked to someone or something which was apparently undetectable to the mortals who continued spending their time as any other day, scribbling in their rough books or busy chatting away in their phones as the lecturer monotonously explained various medical department chores. They were attending a special class for guidance in choice of departments for their careers in the future. That was the reason the three of them were stuck frolicking in a auditorium containing all the students from all five years of studies.

A few weeks ago, Nico di Angelo, William 'Will' Solace, Jason Grace, Luke Castellan and Percy had been forcibly pulled through space and deposited in Korea, more specifically, Seoul. A surprised scream (not feminine or high-pitched at all, mind you), that he later realized originated from his own throat was the only warning he got before feeling his entire being contort and twist. By the time he had come to, he was already in an unfamiliar place. He just had the time to take out and point his sword at a black figure whom he soon realized was Nico, leading him to take notice of the other three disoriented demigods in his presence. After simply gaping at their previously dead companions, and a consecutive rather teary (in Percy and Nico's case with Jason) and awkward (in Luke's case) reunion, they had decided for a possible solution to how they had reached where they were. The first scenario Luke had come up with was the removal of Mist, the barrier of Hecate veiling the Divine from mortals. This was, however, denied as the fall of mist would not explain how two previously dead companions and three very much alive demigods would end up in a place that could only be Japan, China or Korea from the facial features of the people. Nico had immediately dismissed China, saying that he had personal experience meeting Chinese people and that the features were more oval than Chinese facial features. He also admitted that the people were far more dismissive in the place, explaining how he had got in trouble accidentally shadow-travelling to China leading to a few misadventures that were too embarrassing to recall. After brainstorming for a while, they had almost given up when the healer in the group came up with a theory. Being the most fiction-interested person in the group, Will had come up with a valid but nearly unbelievable theory. Something or someone was strong enough to pull four of the strongest demigods and a healer across dimensions, bringing two of them alive from the dead. The residual unknown energy in the area they landed on only made the theory much more believable. They did not feel familiar to their surroundings and there was a distinct lack of godly energy in the air. The mist was entirely different and no longer even resembled the mist they had known all their lives. It could have been dismissed as the sudden shift in region of pantheon from Greek to Korean, if not for Nico explaining how the place felt entirely foreign unlike how he felt entering the domain of Chinese pantheon (but hey, at least Nico's unfortunate misadventures were being put to use at a time where they were definitely needed). Regardless, the being who managed such a feat was no ordinary enemy. If they were even an enemy, that is. Their intentions were unclear so were their plans. And thus, the five of them were stuck homeless in the middle of Seoul with no money (four of them were broke with the exception being Nico), no food (Percy almost cried at this fact) and no way to get back to New York/California/Underworld. Whoever had done it was strong but hadn't shown any hostility towards them yet. In their dangerous and possibly permanent situation, all five had come to a truce to cooperate properly at least until they returned to their home dimension.