「DEVOUR OR BE DEVOURED」

A remainder of the time limit hovered before the terrified students.

This was the time left to determine whether they had the right to live or die.

Time Remaining:

28 minutes

49 seconds

Absolute silence reigned over the tense atmosphere. The transfixed mortals trembled as they stared dazedly at the hovering scenario screen, blankly glancing at the bloody corpse out of the corner of their vision. The timer struck, counting the remaining minutes left for most of them to live as its sound resounded mockingly. It was the grief-filled scream of a horrified student which spurred the entire crowd into renewed panic. The silence shattered as whispers and shouts of fear filled the room. The mortals panicked meaninglessly as each tick of the hovering timer resonated with their fear drenched hearts. This went on for about two minutes, letting the three demigods to crowd at the darkest corner of the room without being noticed in the chaos. Nico hastened to cover them with the shadows, making them undetectable to mortal eyes. He then blinked in confusion as a system message appeared in his peripheral vision, seemingly noticed only by him.

[Exclusive skill, Umbrakinesis Lv. 1 has been activated!]

However, he didn't get to think over it thoroughly since suddenly, a remainder appeared, spurring the entire student body into unrestrained chaos.

[The remaining time has been reduced to 10 minutes.]

[The Star Stream is verifying the acceptability of the time setting.]

[The Star Stream has readjusted the time limit due to the relatively low age range of incarnations in question.]

[The original time limit has been decreased by 10 minutes.]

[There are 17 minutes and 51 seconds remaining.]

The student body had gotten over their initial shock, a majority bursting into fear while the rest shouted with indecision. A particularly rich student started to move towards his bag, a crazed and desperate gleam in his eyes. The three demigods didn't wait around to watch his next move. The shadows in the room darkened as they accumulated and twisted around the trio, swallowing them into darkness.

[Exclusive skill, Shadow Travel has been activated!]

Percy felt the by then familiar feeling of coldness followed by eerie whispers before his vision cleared, his body solidifying as he was transported to the entrance of the ground floor hallway. By the time the shivers that had gone up his spine negated and the feeling of almost having his face peeled off had stopped, he noticed that Nico and Will had also properly landed with him. The hallway was relatively silent, the only sound being their footsteps as the slowly walked towards the exit.

"This feels like a virtual reality game from when I was trapped in the casino. The system messages and scenarios are very similar to the system of the video game I used to play." Nico reminisces distantly, his eyes downcast with nostalgia and slowly sinking to sadness. Percy instinctively knew he was remembering his sister. He averted his gaze to the hovering message, feeling his chest tighten at the remainder of a lost friend.

[All types of access to the institution will be restricted until the scenario is complete.]

Whoever was in charge of the 'game' had closed off their escape routes, trapping them in this cruel 'game'. It was a strategy probably meant to stop the people who had been in travel vehicles during the scenario declaration. Its true purpose was to create a cage for the people, taking away their freedom and making the first step towards taking ultimate control. "You're right. This reminds me of a Fantasy themed video-game." Percy replied, breaking off his spiraling thoughts and choosing to ignore the anger and rebelliousness that rose in his heart at being deprived of his freedom.