「PATH TO A TRUCE」

They had lost track of time.

The sky had already darkened and night had arrived.

"He's physically fine but he isn't waking up."

"Am I a murderer?"

"It's probably a mental reset. His mental defenses must've collapsed. You were too harsh on his shoulder."

"Excuse me? I was already being held back by probability. He almost broke my spine!"

"His shoulder bones were fragmented."

"Then what was I supposed to do? Pat his shoulder for trying to kill you?"

Nico finally came to the rescue, "In Percy's defense, he is an enemy."

Percy sounded bitter, "Yet we're still helping him. So, is he brain-dead?"

Nico spared a glance at the unconscious man, "No, I'm pretty sure he's just asleep."

Will looked up, "And I'm entirely sure he's alive."

The regressor stirred, "I can certainly say that I'm alive."

The man turned over, a hand supporting him as he leant up to sit. He braced himself by his elbows before pushing himself up, not a single wince leaving his mouth despite the undoubtedly sore body he harnessed.

"The Sleeping Beauty is finally awake!" Percy inclined backward, sitting cross-legged as he fiddled with his fingers, "Thank the gods. I thought I had become a murderer."

Yoo Joonghyuk glared reproachfully at the demigod who had brought him to this pitiful state, "...You're alive."

Percy lifted an eyebrow, "Yes, Mr. Obvious." He leaned toward his blond companion, raising a hand dramatically to hide his mouth as he stage whispered to Will, "Did I hit him too hard?"

Will went along with the act, raising his own palm to his face as he whispered back, "He didn't have brain damage last I checked."

The regressor glared with annoyance, "You passed the First Scenario. You can't be alive without blood on your hands."

A light bulb figuratively went off next to Percy's head as he snapped his fingers, "Oh, that. We killed monsters. The Icky snakes."

"The Ichthyosaurs. Sea serpents." Will corrected him smoothly.

Percy swiped his wrist dismissively, "Same thing."

Will shook his head exasperatedly and turned to Yoo Joonghyuk, "Are you feeling alright?"

Percy looked at him flatly, "You think?"

Will stilled before sighing again, "Okay, dumb question."

Yoo Joonghyuk interrupted, "You healed me."

Yoo Joonghyuk's emotions weren't displayed on his face. Will was able to pick up on his confusion only because he was used to working around emotionally stunted, traumatized teenagers who tended to be even more temperamental than the regressor. "Yes."

The reply was immediate, "Why?"

Will lowered his hand after closing the scan report window to sit on the back of his heels beside the regressor, "Whether we kill you or not, your fate is already decided, Yoo Joonghyuk. You won't die here."

Yoo Joonghyuk glanced at the sea-green eyes that never once let him out of their sight since he had woken up, "He let you heal me?"

Will smiled at the hostility displayed by his usually laid back friend, "Percy actually insisted on healing you. He was worried he had hit you too hard."