「TRUST & MANIPULATION」

"I win."

The shadows exploded. Will rushed over from the nearest shadow to check over Percy.

Will's eyes were frantic as he checked him over, Nico right at his heels. "Did he rough you up?"

[Exclusive skill, Visual Scan Lv. 1 has been activated!]

Percy ruffled his hair, "I'm just fine. Got wall slammed once." He smiled brazenly, lifting his arms and twirling around to show that he was unharmed.

"You aren't lying, are you?" Will eyed him critically, causing Percy to almost break out in quick sweat. He hated lying to his friends but he also hated seeing them worried over him. "What were you thinking, taking him on alone?"

He accidentally made eye contact with Nico as tried to avoid Will's eyes, and right then, he knew he was caught.

He switched back his eyes to Will, "I'm fine. Really. Just a bruised back."

Will scowled, "The scan shows only a bruised back, but how can a bruise of this level come from just a wall slam?" Will took out a block of ambrosia from his pocket and extended his arm.

Percy snatched the ambrosia and quickly gulped it down, feeling the exhaustion and bruised pain disappear immediately as the food of the gods took action. Thankfully, Will's scan skill didn't show the cause of the injury and only showed the area of the bruise.

With a exasperated shake of his head, Nico changed the subject. "Let's get this over with." Percy reminded himself to buy the kid a extra packet of McDonalds later, once the entire mess was over.

Pale hands twirled a skull ring that readily turned into a sword of pure Stygian iron. He advanced on the Fallen regressor with no hesitation, readying himself to bring down his sword.

Will looked up from his scan report window and just hand enough time to shout, "Wai-"

A tanned hand held Nico's pale wrist, careful so the sword did not touch his own flesh, "Aren't you going too far with killing him?"

Nico spared Percy a glance, "He tried to kill Will and even hurt you."

Percy tilted his head, "Killing him is still too far. We can cripple him. Cut off a limb or something."

Will spoke with a tone of finality, "I'm healing him."

Percy must have heard that wrong, "Come again?"

Will repeated his intention with a resolute stare, absolutely serious, "He must live."

Nico scowled, "He tried to kill you."

Will shook his head, "It's not that simple. He's a regressor. If, by chance, he dies, we have no idea what will happen to this world. What if it gets erased from existence? What if time returns to the past and we meet again? He will have information of us, which is too dangerous." He presented a fair argument, not that any of his two companions liked it.

Nico changed his sword back to his ring, "I'm not comfortable with letting him live."

Percy made a contentious face, "That doesn't mean you have to heal him. Loosing a limb won't kill him."

Nico looked at the man's fallen figure, "Mortal minds are fragile. What if he takes his own life when he wakes up to see a limb missing?"

Will shook his head, "He is different. If he was that fragile, he won't have regressed in the first place."

Nico looked up, "Then why do you want to heal him?"

Will's voice was controlled but vehement, "I need to make him an ally."