chap 4: wrong timing

summary: Engfa is a teacher while there's a one student who always calling her name and had a crush on her.

(genre: love story/sad)

Engfa's POV

I work at a school near an office. Every time I walk down the hallway, someone will suddenly call my name and hide.

"Miss, that person loves you." said the guard.

"Oh, I don't agree to have a relationship with someone younger than me, besides she's still studying, maybe I'll do those assignments she had, and I already have a boyfriend." I replied.

Easter sunday when my boyfriend break up with me. We haven't seen each other for almost a week, because he is busy with his office works.

It was there that I realized we weren’t meant for each other.

I was crying in the hallway, when suddenly someone handed me a handkerchief .. Charlotte, the person who often called me on the stairs.

"I told you, your boyfriend will just make you cry, if I become your girlfriend? I will never make you cry." She said to me.

At first I didn't want to reach for her handkerchief, but because my nose was blocked, I took it too.

"You know? So you don't get hurt, just turn your gaze to others." She said jokingly.

I seemed to tremble at what she said but with a bit of annoyance, I returned her handkerchief to her and said that I had no intention of agreeing to let her court me.

I planned to go to New york to be able to move on as well. I went to Southshields, saved money and prepared myself to go to New york.

One day someone texted me.

" hello miss maam. "

The text says.

I ignored the message because maybe, she just sent it wrong. After I read the text, suddenly someone called me.

"hello prof, how are you? This is Charlotte, Remember?" the woman said on the phone.

"And how did you get my number?" I asked her.

"Because I had a lot of connections in our building back then." She laughed at me.

Charlotte and I have been chatmates since then. I found out that she was also in New York, and working for her tuition. She still doesn't stop me with her antics. Until one day she said, that maybe we can ... try to have a relationship ..

Honestly, I didn't really feel any love for Charlotte then. Maybe out of sadness, I also agreed to her wishes. We even met in Southshields and I even lived where she was staying.

The night before my flight to New York, I gave myself to Charlotte.

When I came to New york, Charlotte and I became LDRs for almost a few months. But not long after, i went to United Kingdom,and there,  I also met Win, my fiancé.

I couldn’t say goodbye to Charlotte properly.

7 years later, popping up on my instagram. Message from her. I found out that she was also in New york, working as a Financial manager, and was taking a chance ... that she would find me.

When she found out what really happened, she gradually accepted everything. She just wants to have a closure on what we had started then.

Soon, Charlotte had a family of her own. Sometimes she still messages and then says that ...

She seems to be happy, but she is still not satisfied. She recounts what happened to the two of us. What she doesn't know, sometimes I feel the same way, Especially when Win and I are mad at each other.

But I said, it's really over. What happened to Charlotte and I was a chapter in the book that needed to close. Even though we didn’t stay together, Atleast we had things to remember from each other. The thrill she gives on the stairs, the way she calls my name, the way she gives me a handkerchief, the sympathy she gives me when I'm so sad, the way she makes me happy, what happened to us at her house, the way she texts me after 7 years,being the inspiration of each other, so that we can achieve our achievements, her endless stretches, and her demand for closure with me.

Somehow, I will not regret the ending of our friendship.

I think it's gonna be great if me and Charlotte will be together. I found the right one in the wrong time, if Charlotte is the right one, then i wish she knew me in the right time. :(