six

Ok, so this chapter is kind of in Michael's POV and May won't be in it. She'll be mentioned but she won't actually be in it. Yeah. Carry on with your reading.

***

Michael looked over at the two of his friends as they were sat in Luke's garage. They were waiting for Calum to get there so they could start band practice.

It surprised all of the boys when he had asked about the band but they figured he had only heard about it from Adriana.

Calum was about half an hour late but Luke had explained that he had left May's house a few minutes earlier. Michael didn't like Calum and May hanging out so much together but he guessed he had to accept it. He didn't even know why he didn't like May and Calum hanging out together. He just wished he could replace Calum.

Michael shook the thoughts from his mind when he heard the garage door open and he saw Calum walk in with a small smile on his face.

"Sorry I'm late, May wanted me to go shopping with her and she took longer than I expected," Calum explained as he down on the couch that Michael was sitting on.

Michael watched as he picked up his bass and started tuning it.

"Michael, what do you remember of our music?" Ashton asked. He had been sitting behind his drum set and they could tell he was texting Nora from the smile he had on his face.

"I remember most of them I think, except one off of the list you gave me," Michael said, looking over the list once more.

"Which one?" Calum asked.

Michael looked at the ground sheepishly before responding, "Amnesia."

All of the boys found it funny and started laughing as they looked at Michael's embarrassed expression. Of course the one song he couldn't remember was about wishing that you could wake up and not remember. Michael didn't like the song.

"Can we start with this one? I think it's the one I remember most," Michael said pointing towards the third to last one.

"Wrapped Around Your Finger?" Luke asked reading it off and Michael nodded his head.

Michael looked around the room and saw that Calum and Ashton had slight smirks on their face as if it had meant something.

Michael shrugged it off as he grabbed his guitar from the stand.

They started the intro and Michael was able to figure out how to play it all again. He was a bit rusty but he knew most of it, much to his surprise.

"How about we try with vocals now?" Luke asked and Michael smiled.

"Throwing rocks at your window at midnight," Michael started, "You met me in your backyard that night."

Michael felt nauseous as a wave of a memory seemed to hit him. He saw a girl that was sitting on a patio chair and she had bright pink hair that seemed to match his. Michael recognized the backyard and it seemed so familiar but he couldn't figure out what it was. He tried to call out but the girl wouldn't respond. He kept trying until the memory faded.

"In the moonlight you looked just like an angel in disguise, my whole life seemed like a postcard," he continued.

This time Michael felt his vision go black and he had to sit down but he continued singing. He saw the same girl, with purple hair this time, lying in between his bed covers. He recognized his room and the light of the moon slowly creeped into the room. The girl looked gorgeous as the light touched her delicate skin. Yet again, he couldn't see her face.

Michael sighed as he waited for his next cue. Why couldn't he see the girl's face? He had to know her from somewhere. They even had the same hair color, he had to know her.

"You were mine for a night, I was out of my mind. You were mine for a night, I don't know how to say goodbye," Michael finished his final part in the song and he felt even more lightheaded than he had at the beginning.

He saw the girl, the same from the past two dizzy spells and this time with white hair, at the airport. She had her suitcase in her hand and she was about to leave through the gate before she took off running towards where Michael was standing. Michael saw the girl press her lips to his and he kissed back before she went back to her suitcase and left to board the plane.

Michael had to know who this girl was.

The song eventually ended and all of the boys were looking at him.

"Michael, are you okay? You seem really spaced out," Luke said, snapping his fingers in front of Michael's face. Michael swatted his hands away before looking at them in confusion.

"You seem a bit pale, paler than usual, are you okay? You can tell us anything," Calum said. He sat down next to Michael and patted Michael's knew reassuringly.

The others went and sat down in front of them, looking at Michael inquisitively.

"As we were singing this song, my head started hurting and my eyesight went black. I saw this girl in the black spaces. I seemed to have some sort of history with her but I couldn't see her face," Michael admitted.

A look of confusion, but then joy spread on the boys' faces. Michael looked at them confusedly and watched as they started talking amongst themselves.

"Michael, what did this girl happen to look like?" Ashton asked.

"I just told you, dipshit, I couldn't see her face. It was blurry," Michael said, speaking loudly but then whispering the final part.

"No, not that but like everything else around her. What did it look like?" Ashton asked.

"I don't know, the first time her hair was pink, the second time her hair was purple, and the final time her hair was white. Why?" Michael asked, he just wanted an answer to who this girl could be.

"What if we told you that you wrote this song about May?" Luke asked softly and Michael saw the black spots again.

This time he couldn't control it and he felt his body go limp. He was unconscious.

***

I TRIED SO HARD NOT TO CRY WHILE WRITING THIS OH MY GOD. ANYWAYS, I updated and next week we have state testing (again) which means we can't get homework which means more updates. So yeah ;-) I love you all. Xx

~malumwritings