eleven

May watched as Michael clutched onto her hand and dragged her into the house. She barely had time to turn around and wave to Sara before the door was closed and Michael was dragging her to his bathroom.

"I have like six boxes because I wanted to make sure we had enough and I wasn't exactly sure of how much we would need."

May knew they always needed five boxes of hair dye and was hurt that he didn't remember, he couldn't remember, but she let it slide because Michael seemed so excited over the fact they were dying their hair together.

"They didn't have a pale blue so I bought some silver dyes and a dark blue one so that hopefully it'd be lighter, you know?" Michael asked and May just simply nodded her head, smiling at how excited her love was.

Michael went and grabbed two chairs and sat them in the room, facing each other.

"Do you need to borrow a t-shirt? I don't want you to ruin that one. It's way too punk rock to potentially get bleach on it," Michael said motioning towards May's Blink-182 shirt and she realized she hadn't brought her designated "hair dye" shirt. She had brought three or four towels but the shirt had seemed to slip her mind at the thought that she was hanging out with Michael.

"You're such a dork," May muttered, "But yes, thank you."

May smiled as Michael motioned that he'd be back quickly. May started taking out the dye from the boxes and reading the instructions for the dye and setting up the bleach. May was just starting to mix the silvery-white with the blue together when Michael came back and threw a shirt at the back of her head.

The limp fabric fell to the floor as May looked over at a sheepishly grinning Michael.

"You can change here and I can leave or you can go to my room to change, if you remember where it is," Michael rambled but May cut him off.

"You've already seen me naked so I don't think it matters if you see me in a sports bra. I honestly don't care," May said shrugging, before starting to take off her shirt.

"And I don't remember that, fuck," Michael whined, referencing to seeing the girl naked and May just rolled her eyes at how much of a dumbass her boyfriend, ex-boyfriend, could be.

Michael tried to avert his eyes but considered it useless since the short girl already had her shirt off.

May quickly put on the new shirt, realizing it was an old baseball-style shirt that Michael had gotten his freshman year for Christmas. It used to be her favorite on him but the summer before junior year Michael ended up growing like a foot in height and the shirt didn't fit after. She wanted to claim dibs on it a few months ago but obviously it hadn't occurred and now she had it in her hands.

Michael walked over to where May had been mixing the dyes together and continued doing what she had been doing previously.

May stood up on her tiptoes and looked over his shoulder to see the colors blending.

"Can you work on the bleach?" Michael asked, smiling at the observant girl.

He was so excited to finally have a friend allow him to dye their hair. He had been trying to convince Luke to let him do it for such a long time but Luke would always say no.

May went over to the six bottles of bleach Michael had gotten and started to pour them into a large bowl he had set down. There were different types of bleach since there were different colored dyes but they knew from experience that it wouldn't affect anything.

May mixed the bleaches together with the hair dye applicator they had and was trying desperately to get the bleaches to blend together. It always happened and Michael watched over at the girl fondly.