twelve

"What is she doing here?"

May knew that the bright blue hair obviously wouldn't hide her but she tried to behind Michael anyways. She knew she shouldn't have come over.

"Mum, it's just May," Michael said, not noticing his mum's angered expression towards the now blue-haired girl.

"How could you let her into the house? Especially after she almost killed you! Michael, as your mother I will not support you putting your life in danger-" Karen, Michael's mum rambled. May cowered behind Michael as she was getting yelled at and tears were starting to go down her face again.

"You are so happy with Adriana, how could you bring this monster into our house?" Karen grimaced at the sight of the girl poking her head out from behind Michael's shoulder.

"Adriana and May are two completely different people. I think I like Adriana and May is just a friend. Thats like comparing blue hair dye to red hair dye. May didn't do anything. She explained to me everything that happened," Michael said, glaring at his mom.

May felt her heart flutter at the fact that Michael was defending her but them her heart cracked when he said May was just his friend and he liked Ariana. He liked Ariana.

"Michael, stop being ridiculous. I doubt this girl told you everything," Karen spat, making the girl cringe. Karen used to love her as her own daughter but now she would kill her if it were legal.

"She did tell me everything. She told me how it was a drunk, drugged driver that ran a red light and hit the truck. She told me everything you kept from me," Michael argued.

"If she told you everything, did she tell you that you guys were in a relationship? For three years as well? And that you guys have known each other since you were born and childhood friends before?" Karen asked, raising her eyebrow with a smirk when she noticed the shocked look on Michael's face.

"We what?" Michael asked, the surprise was clear on his face and he moved so he could actually see May from where she was standing from behind his back. Karen stayed smirking at the pair.

She didn't really hate May and she felt bad for outing her like that but she had hurt her only child and those four months had been so rough for her and she had to take it out on someone.

"Have you been lying to my baby boy, May? You had so many instances you could tell him but you left him confused for so long," Karen said, pouting sarcastically as the younger girl had many tears running down her face.

Michael was confused because he never saw pictures of him and May around the house but since he had been in a coma for three months, it wouldn't surprise him that his mom would have gotten rid of them.

May was going to tell Michael, eventually. Well never. She wanted him to remember on his own even though it was highly unlikely.

Michael's head started to hurt as he felt certain memories rushing to him. He finally had a face to all the flashbacks he had been having of the mysterious girl. His mind went fuzzy and he tried to comprehend everything. He collapsed to the ground as his eyesight went black.

Michael could see him and a young girl on the swing set when they were only seven or eight years old. The girl looked exactly like May but a lot younger. The freckles and green eyes of the girl were unforgettable.

Michael could see him and a girl in front of the aquarium at around the age of thirteen. They were watching the fish as they swam around and the girl was mocking them. He could see the pink streaks she had in her hair and he saw that his fringe was dyed to match. It was again obviously May because of the green eyes and freckles.