twenty four

May really wanted to go to the beach the day after. They hadn't gone yet but Michael seemed to have other ideas. He, of course, said they could go the next day but as of right now he had another perfect date planned. May complied, curious of what Michael could've possibly planned.

She definitely did not expect him to drive her to a giant flower garden that she had told him about about four years ago.

"I packed us a picnic basket. We're having lunch here," Michael said sheepishly. He was scared how she'd react because she was expecting the beach but instead she got a garden.

Michael grabbed the basket out of the trunk, walked to where May was and grabbed her hand to take her to their location. He entwined their fingers and they were soon walking casually to a spot to sit and eat.

They walked around for about ten minutes before May found the perfect spot underneath a cherry blossom tree. The flowers around them would be beautiful but the shade would be incredible as well. Michael let May excitedly drag him underneath the tree and she stood still while Michael set up the blanket. She would've helped but Michael insisted that she didn't.

Once the blanket was set up, the pair plopped down and pulled the basket in between them. Michael pulled out two containers of some sort of pasta, a whole baguette, and a salad.

May looked at Michael impressed, saying he could barely purchase a giant piece of bread without burning it.

"Tori helped me pack this. Don't look so impressed," he admitted and May couldn't help but laugh at how much of a dork he was.

Michael handed May her fork and they both dug in to their food. They started talking about everything that had happened on the trip so far and that lead them to talk about their friends.

"Did you know Luke liked Nora?" Michael asked curiously; he had no idea until Luke told him two days ago.

"Everyone did except her."

"And didn't she like Ashton?" Michael questioned.

He didn't remember the whole Luke and Nora debacle but who could blame him? There were still parts of his memory that were still a bit fuzzy.

"Not anymore. He's dating Tori and Nora just seemed to give up. I'm sure she doesn't like Luke right now because he likes Sara and Sara likes him back loads."

"They'd literally be the cutest couple ever. I want them together before we go back," Michael said excitedly.

"Wow, who knew Michael Clifford would be playing matchmaker? Just quit the band now and do this for the rest of your life," May said, teasing her boyfriend for his excitement. Don't get her wrong, she still thought it was cute.

They finished their meal and they started talking a lot more, instead of saying a few words every few bites. May had moved to sit on his lap and he was playing with her hair. He took a deep breath and started talking. He was so nervous.

"May, I have big news. I'm really happy but I'm scared of how you'll react. I'll understand if you get upset but I really need you to accept this and be happy for me," Michael said, "I wanted to tell you alone before we decided to tell the group."

"What is it? It has to be good if you say you're excited!" May said smiling widely.

"5 Seconds of Summer, our band, is going on tour. With One Direction. On their Take Me Home tour." Michael said softly. He didn't want to rush through it because he knew he'd probably start crying if he had to say it twice.