twenty two

May was tired. She had woken up the past three nights with nightmares. It was the same thing over and over again.

She could perfectly see the blood rolling down his body and the way his hair wasn't red from the dye. 

She could visualize not feeling a pulse and screaming for someone to call an ambulance. She remembers cussing out the drunk, drugged up driver who wasn't even aware that he was in a vehicle. She may have ended up with a few scratches and a concussion but the driver had a bruise from the airbags. May hated herself for it but she wished he had died.

May screamed loudly, her voice waking Michael up officially. They had been cuddling earlier but May had shoved him away when she started shaking and crying. Michael hated that she had suffered so much and it'd still affect her.

Michael scooted over to the girl quickly and wrapped her into his arms. He started muttering and singing calling words into her ears, trying to get the girl to stop shaking.

"Princess. It's okay. Depp breaths. I'm right here. Everything is okay. Please calm down. It hurts me to see you like this," Michael whispered frantically.

"Fucking fantastic! I'm making you hurt again!" May exclaimed, her voice cracked and her body movements frantic. She started ugly sobbing, her body racking from the choked tears leaving her. Michael felt so bad.

Michael pressed his lips to his girlfriend's quickly, hoping that it'd at least stop her from saying things that weren't true. He pulled away a while after, licking his lips and tasting the salt from May's tears.

"Please. Take deep breaths. I'm right here. I'm right here. I'm right here. Calm down. I'm here next to you. Nothing will break us apart," Michael whispered, "Do you want to tell me about what happened? In your dream?"

"I saw the car accident again. I saw you in the front seat. I tried to help you and get you out and get the ambulance through but you had flat lined already. Did you know that they tried to revive you three times before you started breathing again? I can't ever get that out of my mind," May word vomited. She didn't mean to say as much as she had but she did.

"But I'm alive now. And I have a pretty cool scar because of it," Michael said jokingly but the glare he got from May told him it wasn't that time.

"It's not funny, asshole," May grimaced and Michael pouted.

"I'm sorry. But I'm here now. And I love you so much. You're the strongest person I know and I'm so glad you're here with me. I don't know what I'd do without you May," Michael said. He pressed his lips to May's softly and she kissed back hesitantly.

Michael wiped his thumbs underneath May's eyes and May wiped at the tears that were at her cheeks. May cuddled herself further into Michael's embrace and allowed him to start playing with her hair. Her heart rate had slowed down drastically and was trying to stop thinking about the past now.

Michael pressed his lips to May's firmly and May started moving his lips against but Michael pulled away before she could do something else.

"I wish you weren't upset and that these nightmares wouldn't occur to you so often," Michael whispered, "I love you so much and I want you to believe it."

"How?" May asked, she had no idea where Michael was going with this. She always could tell what Michael would hint at and could sense his every move but this one left her puzzled.

"Let me show you instead," Michael said, pressing his lips onto May's, taking her by surprise.

May gasped and Michael allowed his tongue to slip in, making his girlfriend gasp.

Michael pulled away maybe a minute after and looked at May with wide, lust-filled eyes.

"Are you okay with this happening?" he asked.

***

Smut next chapter! I should definitely be finishing this book this weekend. I'm so excited. There will be smut in the next chapter and it's gonna be a bit awkward- not 100% awkward but it's like their first time in awhile so yeah. I hope you guys are liking these multiple updates and yeah! I'm excited to finish this book :-) Xx

~malumwritings