Chapter ten

Abe finally decided to actually tell me about the body after a few minutes of us bickering and also sharing a few laughs here and there. "Judging by the temperature of the body that I measured rectally." he said holding his magnifying glass in his hand as he looked over to glance at the

I paused, why the fuck did he-, "Which is obviously the most accurate way to get the inner body tempature of a corpse.That's a fact, totally procedure." He continued before looking at me, "Don't tell anyone I did it." He said looking at me with a kinda serious look on his face.

I just nodded and continued to listen to him talk, " I am sure that Mark was killed around 1:30 am last night." He said humming. "That sounds like a good observati-"

"So what were YOU doing at 1:30 am last night?" He suddenly accused me, while standing up and pointing at me with curiosity and also determination.

I took a few moments to respond as I had to recall last nights events to figure what I had been doing at that moment. Then it clicked to me that by around 1:30 I had been taken to my room and that's when I passed out.

"Well, If I remember correctly I was taken to my room around that time and when I layed down and was about to fall asleep I looked over at the clock and it read '1:30'" I replied looking up at Abe with a small smile.

Abe hummed, "I'm gonna ignore the fact that you maybe sleep with your eyes open, but it checks out." Abe said as he helped me stand back up. I chuckled, "I honestly don't but its a rare thing that I do."

Abe nodded at me and looked around, "So, we need to figure out where everyone was and what they were doing around that time or, at the very least, who saw Mark last." Abe said as he looked around then turned his attention and gaze to me.

"You need to get out there. See if you can piece together the story of what happened last night."He said with determination in his voice.

"What!? Why me?" I was taken aback by his words. He sighed, "Because you're my partner, and I'm gonna be keeping a close eye on the colonel so I won't be able to go get everyone's alibis." He said with a stern face.

I grumbled but begrudgingly agreed to help and go get everyone's alibis. Abe nodded, "Before I go find coronel I'm going to stay here with the body and run more..tests." he said as he took a small sniff of his two fingers. I felt a little uncomfy with that and I walked away.

"This is dumb..I'm being given the hard part.."I grumbled to myself as I walked away and I heard yelling in a room that was next to the crime scene. Interested I walked over and listened in..it was the colonel and Damien..

"Oh how can you be so flippant!?" Damien had said with anger in his voice, I definitely was surprised because Damien never got angry much.

"Flippant!? I'm taking this matter very seriously."The colonel said back to Damien with not much anger in his voice as Damien.

"Oh don't give me that horseshit! I know you hated him, but..goddammit, he reached out to you!" Damien said his voice now switched to one of anger and also sadness. I moved a bit closer to listen in.

"Oh, what do you want from me?"

"Wh- I want you to care!"

"Just because I'm not weeping like a child doesn't mean I don't care."

"I can't believe you.."Damien said with disappointment in his voice. He held up his cane. "You come find me when you pull your head out of your ass!" He said and immediately started to walk back to the entrance where I had been eavesdropping on them.

I didn't have enough time to react before Damien opened the door. He looked at me with a look of surprise but also disappointment. I was frozen. He just sighed and opened the door and pushed past me. "Excuse me.." Damien said disappointment all in his voice.

I felt like I was gonna cry..god dammit..i fucked up..I wanted to grab his arm and apoligize but I just couldn't I looked at him as he left and I turned my attention back to the room, the colonel was in there..and I needed his alibi..I sighed and opened the door and walked inside..