36

The other men who looked like goons suddenly closed the cafe and stood guard. I felt danger tingling down me.

"Who.."

"You don't know me girl, but it has come to my notice that you kinda meddle in my business." The man leaned on the chair while firmly fixing his glance on me.

"But..What di-did I do? I don't know what you are talking about!" I was perplexed.

"You can drop the little act there, girl. You are with Jayden Reyes, I know that. You are his special one, perhaps.."

"Stop right there," stifling my giggles I said, "then you don't know anything about me. I was just an employee on his firm and now he..."

The man suddenly interrupted my words as if he had some important information on my relationship status with Mr. Jayden which I obviously don't know.

"Girl, I never said you worked for him, well for starters, your name wasn't on the employee list there, I have got information on that. It's just Jayden hasn't never danced with anyone in his life until you came."

His eyes zeroed in on me as if he was finding some deep analysis from mind, as he wanted to know which dance we did that day!

"Oh come on! Now dancing is not a sin, right?" I was fed up, "I dance with so many persons as I am a dancer and it's my freaking choice. Who the hell are you to question me?"

"Well, the exact question is, where is Magoa? I have seen you following him and what did you do with him. He has been missing and my Theodore.." his eyes felt like it was about to rain down although there was some kinda fury in them, "you killed him."

"What the hell? I didn't..I didn't do it!"
I was flabbergasted for a second. It took a lot to regain my consciousness.

"Yes you bitch. I know you were there and you are with him."

"No..No, oh god." I flustered and it felt like the accusations have been burying a hole inside my heart. I was profusely sweating and there was no way out as I had spotted gun with him.

And even if I make a run he might kill Ezlyn who is back in the kitchen.

"Helen."

"Jace, why did you come back?"

"I..I wanted to talk but who is he?"

"No one. You go away." I vigorously moved my head as if I wanted to indicate the intensity of danger he was dragging on himself.

"Well, young man, you can stay here too for all you want."

"See Mr."

"My name is John Kirin."

"Yes Mr. Kirin I don't know what you are talking about."

Thud.

My words were followed by a slap by which I fell on the floor. It felt as if a his hand was a large baseball bat which made me throb in pain.

My cheeks were shook at the sudden thrust and I was yelling at him. I saw Jace lunging at the man with all his might only to be knocked out by his goons.

"Helen." Ezlyn ran out of kitchen and sat on the floor near me.

His goons dragged her away from me while John came near me and said, "he thought he could hide you away from me. You and him, do you really think you could kill my brother and get away with that? With that?"

I was out of senses for a moment, I couldn't process what the hell was going on. Jayden knew something will happen. So he made me captive and I was able to get away from him and then landed on the very trap he mentioned.

What a bloody luck!

"Oh so that man was your brother?"

"So you don't know him? Drop the act now bitch."

Jace suddenly freed himself front he goons and tried to break a glass inorder to stab the man but unfortunately he was again caught by the goons.

Thud.

I was again slapped hard which made me writh in pain. I could no longer feel my cheeks rather I felt like my world was falling apart.

"For every movement anyone make, she will get a slap." John smirked, "so you don't really know my brother, huh? Even after this much things you are holding up for that Jayden! I am amazed!"

"Fuck I told you, we hadn't done anything. I don't even.." I was whimpering in agony but I had left with the courage to gather ny lost senses, "the thing is I had worked for Mr. Jayden and that Magoa had stolen my money..so I followed him. That's it."

"That's a beautiful lie but not enough convincing for me."

"Okay then go ahead and kill me, if thats what you want." I sneered at him.

"Nah, nah," he nodded his head in disagreement, "what's the fun if I kill you right now. You shouldn't get an easy death. You will be scared to death, girl." His devilish smile was gleaming at me as if I would be engulfed by him.

I wasn't afraid by his words but his glare had an awful feel creeping all over me.

"You drank from this cup, right Helen." Sipping my cup he said with a perverted glance and creepy smile which made me wanna puke.

"Your lips are all over this and it enhances the taste of this coffee," he said.

"Ew, fuck you man," Jace was forcing to remove from their grip but it was in vain.

Thud.

Another slap landed on my cheek but this time I didn't fall rather sat on the same posture like a statue devoid of emotions. I should've moved a bit to lessen the depth of surprise in his face.

The usual Helen I know was falling down on the depths of her own mind and the new Helen lacked emotions but I, her mind was going haywire. "Just kick his balls!!"

"I will come soon, girl and that time things would be different," winking at me he stood up and left along with his goons.

Jace darted towards me and held me in his arms with a whimper, "oh hel, your cheeks..." I felt like cheeks were mine but the excruciating pain was his sympathy!

Suddenly Jace was grabbed by his collar and a slap landed on his cheek!