18.

"What the hell was wrong with you, Hel? You almost ripped my heart out! The things that happened yesterday..It still gives me chills!" Luca was yelling at me.

"Ssh, its a fucking cafe you idiot. I didn't call you here for this, just sort out the situation for me," I blurted furiously.

"Well, I'd advise you to take the job. It's not that easy to get a job like that," Luca said.

"But.."

"What?"

"I don't wanna work there," I said contemplating.

"See Hel, if you haven't come down last night these stupid things wouldn't have happened and you'd still be getting the job given the interview had gone well. So why not?"

"Luca but..."

"Your financial situation doesn't leave you a chance. This isn't an option to choose, Hel. Remember whatever happens I'd always stand with you," Luca assured me, as he glanced at me with an affirmative look wore on his face.

"It's your first day right? Hurry, I'll drop you. Come."

He suddenly got up and trudged towards his car, while I trailed behind him in a slow pace.

As soon as we reached there, Luca had an urgent work and went after giving me a hug.

"Ah, new beginnings," sighing at life's wonder, I glanced high at the building in front of me.

Glass doors were drilled by the sun rays but it was fighting furiously by reflecting them away. Their glare hurt my eyes and I bowed my head.

Heaving a sigh, I stole a glimpse towards the reception chair, praying not to meet the walking night mare, that is the boss who had showed me the exit yesterday.

I was cheered up as I couldn't find him there. Suddenly I was conscious of a stare which came across the hall, as the dreadful boss was standing there, desiring to drill holes in my face, the intensity was so high that it almost made my legs falter.

Gathering up courage, I walked towards him, glancing up at him. I could the feel the curl in his lips to a smirk as if I was no one.

"So you're finally here after all those happened yesterday. Lemme guess, special recommendation, huh! Shameless creature!" The scowl dappled on his face had made his face  so ugly that it made bile crept up in my mouth.

"Isn't there a smell?" Sniffing I retorted, "well, someone's ass might be burning! Burnol should be applied," I returned his smirk.

"Well, seems like you have got experience in this burning thing, doesn't you?"

"Yeah, have given a lot of burnol to some," I said.

"You're gonna work here, right? Lemme see how you work when I wouldn't allow that! And you'll regret the moment you chose to be my enemy!" There was perilous look, a glare, that wishes to burn me into ashes.

"Good luck with that!" I wished him with a smile, walked past him.

"River Teresa is the name."

"Oh! my neighbor's dog also has the same name you know. Such a nasty dog!" I retorted which washed away his smirk.

As I took the lift, I could see fear making my heart tear apart, while I stared blankly.

"What have you done Hel?" I asked myself.

I tucked the loose strands of my hair, straightened my white crisp shirt, and walked out of the lift, only to meet Dylan.

"Dyl...Mm...Ugh...I..Um..I forgot your name!" I said, acting.