19.

"You know that I don't feel good in this club because of that stupid Nick. Uh god I hate him." Clenching my fists  in frustration, I groaned, as I met Ezlyn.

Nick was my dance mate and he owns Vivaan club as it was once owned by his dad. We never had a nice relationship from the beginning and sometimes there happens a cold war between us for no reason at all.

He never makes me feel comfortable rather come up with something to irritate me to which I react always and one day it all culminated in a slap tearing one relationship from me.

"Hey, leave it. He is not here anyways." Ezlyn said, tapping my shoulder. "There is Stefanie, his sister, who now runs the club."

"Stefanie, you mean, our stef?" I was flabbergasted for a second.

"Well, not now. She has never talked to you after you slapped her brother, right?" There was sadness etched in Ezlyn's face.

We had a glory of having a gang of three friends once. My loneliness, my fear everything took an abrupt halt when Stef and Ez landed in my life.

I never knew I would lose her like this but there she is, standing at the counter, with a smile adorning her beautiful face, owning a club and here I am gaping at her aa if she is gonna come back any second from now.

I bloody miss her.

"Okay, come with me." Ezlyn dragged me out of the trance towards a couch.

"Why parties are so boring?" I sat back in a chair, staring at the people who were callously stomping the dancing floor, intoxicated with life as they claim it to be although intoxicated with drugs I'd suggest.

"It's because you're boring," Ezlyn said scowling at me, "come let's dance."

"Let me sit for a while," taking a glass of vodka, I adjusted my dress to sit comfortably, ogling at the party's lush landscape conveying me a myriad of colours.

Ezlyn looked like she was floating in the music, like a feather. Suddenly my glance fell on Jace who was ogling at Ezlyn, sipping his drink.

"Ah, there he is," there was a smile on my face upon seeing him. He looked like he was in a reverie, enchanted only by Ezlyn.

It's just simply beautiful to watch him in ecstasy whenever he sees Ezlyn, the only guy I ever felt genuine with his own feelings.

"Hello," suddenly a shrill voice came from side which was traced by my gaze. It was a guy, clad in grey t-shirt and black jeans, carrying a glass of beer.

"Do I know you?" I asked.

"Mm, I..I have seen you in the dance class. But nowadays you aren't coming there. Why?" Wiggling his eyebrows, he asked.

"I am busy with work. That's why."

"Oh I see. My name is Adam Jones."

"I am.."

"Helen, I know your name."

"Oh wow, you already know!" I was surprised and felt a little bit creepiness too.

"Can we...Can we dance?" There was this tint of shyness lacing his face, and boy was he blushing.

"Yeah, sure. I am bored anyway." I stood up putting the glass on the wooden counter top.

He stood there , glancing over me in calm way, a cute look that I would love to return though. His hair was brown coloured, with the strands fluttering, his eyes were deep, that's all I get to say for the moment.

He grabbed my hand and we walked towards the dance floor. The music was making my heart rate jump in ecstasy. It was psy trance, the thing that kept healing my pain whenever I feel down.

We danced. It was in perfect sync, expect for the beats where he skipped the steps because he wasn't actually into it like me. I was waiting for the beat drop and all but I couldn't keep up the level as my glance clenched in two guys walking in stiff motion towards the guest room.

Guest room is infamous for V.I.P guests where middle class ones like us have been banned.

Those people who passed through the hallway were familiar to me, especially the one who had kept his hands in pocket, the attire, everything reeked off him.

Jayden Reyes.

"Damn", I groaned as the realisation hit me hard.

"What happened?" He asked.

"I..I have to fetch my friend. See ya later." I was nervous but somehow I conjured words.

"Oh..Okay."

I rushed towards the guest room, a myriad of thoughts stinging my mind, who was the other one who followed him, and why in the hell are they here?

I slowly walked as soon as I was approaching the hallway, suddenly a voice pulled me apart.

"Hey, Helen. What are you doing in here?" It was Dylan's voice.

"Just partying with friends!"

"In the guest room?"

Oh shit.

"Mm, I think I saw someone from our company. That why I came here."

"That's Jayden Reyes and River Theresa."

"The other day when I met River in the company, he said that he was the owner. Is it right?"

"Ah, it's kinda complicated. Both Jayden and River are brothers. They have equal shares of the company but he had some problems with the company shares and they had an argument, it's just that nobody talks much about it now."

"Oh I see. I never knew about it. But why was that?"

"I never know you would ask such things or even know such things."

"Just curious about the company I was working. I mean, Jayden would say he is the owner and then River would..."

"Wait, wait. Jayden talked to you? Where? He wasn't here for few days, and you came to company when he was away, then how?"

"Why..Why you look surprised? I saw him today at office. That's all." There were few encounters nagging behind my mind which I ignored.

"He wouldn't talk that much. And especially to a new employee."

"Is it so?" I acted excitement although it felt ridiculous to me.

"Yeah. You know I wish to get a capuchino at this moment." Dylan said.

"There are a variety of  beverages here, beer, vodka, even wine, you dont like all those?"

"I dont like them, they just make your body intoxicated but capuchino hits another level." He said as if he was waddling in an entire different dream land.

"Do capuchino makes you remember something or someone?" Noticing flustured Dylan as his eyes landed on someone, I said.

"Memories, ah..mm..I have to go. Actually beer and others drain my body, you know the gym hours would be..would be waste. Helen, they will be coming out any moment."

"Beer ruins your body, but sugar won't, damn right nutritionist!" I smiled as I saw Dylan's face flustering as if he was under someone's gaze.

Staggering, Dylan made his way to the VIP room leaving me behind in a puddle of questions.

I slowly made my way to the toilet, there was darkness, where only neon bulbs were illuminated.

Suddenly an arm gripped my waist, pulling me towards the side, and I almost hit the person's chest. I could feel his warm breath tickling my delicate skin.

"Fuck, who the hell are you?" I was yelling, although my voice was going slowly and painfully due to the sudden surge of fear.

                         ******

+Guys, the name of Jayden's brother have been changed from Jordan to River.

Hope you guys are enjoying the story, I'll update it quickly to keep the flow. Also do comment your opinions, I'd love to know.❤️🙂