Part 6

"Ma, did Adi call???" Ayesha asked for the third time. It's been three days since Akash and his wife came here. They are never home. Which saddened Ayesha. She wanted to know him and talk to him but he is always busy. Besides, even if they were at home, Ayesha would never willingly make a conversation with him. It would be sooo weird.

Tomorrow is Sunday. Ayesha sighed thinking about school. She doesn't want to go but she has an exam tomorrow. And of course, she didn't read anything. She wished Adi was here. He would make her understand.

How is she going to finish a whole freaking chapter......... She is not understanding a line.

"I am so screwed....." She whispered to herself. "Maaaaaaaaaaaaaa, edike ektu ashooooo tohhhhhhh!!!!!!!! " She screamed.

Amaya came there. She looked at Ayesha irritatingly.

"Whatttt happened nowwww!!!!!" She again went to the kitchen.

"I am not understanding anythingggggg!!!!!!" Ayesha whined from the living room.

"You need to go to your room and study, not here!!!!!" Amaya sighed.

"But........"

Suddenly the doorbell rang, Amaya was about to answer the door but her phone vibrates. She turned to look at Ayesha.

"Ayesha, open the door!!!!" She left from there. Ayesha frowned and stood up. She quickly adjusted her messy hair and scarf and opened the door. Of course it was Akash. And of course she knew. She smiled.

"Assalamu alaikum!!!" She muttered before pulling her hair behind her ear.

"Alaikum assalam!!!" Akash smiled nervously and entered. Riya right behind him. Ayesha smiled wide at her.

"Hi!!!!" Riya smiled.

"Hello!!!" Ayesha said sweetly. She again turned her head slowly towards Akash. He was looking tired. His eyes puffy. Maybe he was sleeping in the car. Ayesha felt bad. When he turned towards her, she immediately looked down in embarrassment, her cheeks heat up. She is not the one to hold a stare. But she knows Akash is. He is still looking at her confused. She didn't look at him. She just knows.

"You guys should probably rest!!!!" Ayesha turned her full attention towards Riya who stood there smiling. Ayesha felt her voice cracking in the end. Was she scared or embarrassed. She could feel her body burning. Her feet must be shaking. She couldn't just accept the fact he was here, it was making her sick. She was going crazy.

Ayesha just stood there playing with her fingers nervously. She was embarrassed, nervous and excited. She should probably ask them something. But Amaya saved her by coming there.

They finally left from there. Ayesha could breath again. She sighed in relief and went to sit on the sofa. Amaya had a look on her face that really scared Ayesha. She knew this look before. Ayesha didn't like it.

"What's the bad news???" Ayesha asked under her breath. Her head spinning. Her heart was surely throbbing. Amaya handed Ayesha the phone.

"Adi wants to speak with you!!!" Amaya's voice cracking in the end. Ayesha sighed in relief. But not for too long when Akash entered the room.

Everything was Akash. He was everywhere. Only him.

Ayesha holds the in her ear. Her hands gripping her dress. She waited patiently. But no one talked from the other side. Ayesha looked confusedly at her mom......

"Ayesha....." Adi's voice came from the other side, she wouldn't even realize he was holding the phone on the other end if she could not hear his breath.

"Adi!!!!" Ayesha said confirming. She shook her head.

She hold the phone for a long time. Expressionless. How would it be like if your best friend tells you he has cancer?

Ayesha gets up from the sofa. Amaya is looking at her wide eyed. Everyone's eyes are on her. They knew. Maybe even Akash.

"What did he say???" Amaya asked, slowly.

"Nothing. He's only crying. " Ayesha replied, confused. Her heart breaking while pronouncing the words that just left her mouth. She went inside her room. She closes the door.

Ayesha holds her phone in her ear again. Listening Adi crying in the other end. It's heart breaking. She is getting scared now.

"What happened?" Ayesha asked after 15 minutes.

"I have cancer Ayesha!!!!" Adi said slowly. Ayesha's breath hitched.

"So what?" A lump caught on Ayesha's throat.

"Wh..at do you mean....by so what? I am dying!!!!" Adi muttered. His voice soft.

"Idiot!!! Your not that lucky!!!" Ayesha smiled slightly hearing him laugh slowly. A tear escaped from her eyes.

"Ayesha, you're crying right???" He asked.

"No I am not!!! I need to go now!!! You wasted my half an hour!!!"

"Sorry!!! It was only 15 minutes. " Adi chuckled slowly.

"Bye Adi....." Ayesha cutted the call before he could answer. Her tears falling carelessly. She wanted to scream in anger. Why him? Why her.

He is the only friend she have. He is her friend, her family. And it kills her.

Ayesha sobbed harder and uncontrollably. She was suddenly so frustrated with her life.

She took her journal and wrote something on it. Her lips suddenly breaking into a smile when she realized something. But her tears kept falling.

"I'd save you!!!" She muttered.

Hope you liked this part........