Nothing Wrong With Grieving

It was a long night for Alaric and the rest of the super squad. They honestly didn't know what to do to help their leader through this hard time. MG thought they should hold a service for there fellow student, Jed wanted to inform Raf of his friend's death saying he deserved to know, Kaleb thought maybe the Tribrid could use a vacation away from the school and be with her family to learn control, and Cleo agreed with him. The only two that didn't have an opinion were Ethan and Finch because neither knew Hope that well but agreed to help anyway they could.

Alaric sat in his office trying to think of a way to fix this. He'd lost his fair share of poeple he cared about and he wouldn't wish that pain on anyone. Maybe having Hope take time away from school wasn't a bad idea. She was one of the most advanced students and now being a full Tribrid there might be no limit to her powers. Alaric decided Hope deserved some time off, she needed to heal, she needed time to morn and grieve, she needed her family and while this school would always be her home and He would always be there for her He could never replace her family. After a few hours he decided to head to bed he wouldn't be any use to anyone if he slept all day the next day.

***
Lizzie had woken up to see Hope still snuggling her twin she was practically laying on top of Josie. Looking at the clock She saw it was 6:30 in the morning. Hope might be excused from classes for awhile but they wouldn't be. She quietly made her way to her room to shower and change.

Despite the fact that her best friend had used her as a mattress Josie had slept just as soundly as the Tribrid

Despite the fact that her best friend had used her as a mattress Josie had slept just as soundly as the Tribrid. In fact Josie was dead to the world...until she felt someone gently shaking her awake. She opened her eyes to see finch looking at her.

Smiling she put her fingers to her lips and pointed at her sleeping friend. Finch nodded and gently detached the Tribrid from her girlfriend so she could sit up. "It's not what you think, both Lizzie and I spent the night in this bed with her. She hadn't come out or slept in three days both Lizzie and I were worried." Josie said eyeing her sleeping friend. "Has anyone reached out to her aunts they maybe able to help." Finch said looking between her girlfriend and the Tribrid. "Lizzie got in touch with her family and there heading up here this week." Josie explained as Finch sat next to her. "Jo I'm not accusing you of anything but I have to ask, were you two a couple at some point?"

Josie shook her head she'd wanted that at some point but it never went past her crush. "No, Hope is my best friend next to you she's the only one who bought me back from the darkness, she's saved my life as well as Lizzie's more times then I can count, and not only lost her parents but had to kill the love of her life. The least I can do is help her get through it until her aunt gets here." Josie said she and Lizzie had mad a promise to Hope, they'd promised whatever she faced they'd be right by her side and in Josie's mind this was no different. "I think until her aunts get here we all should take shifts watching her." Lizzie's voice said both Josie and finch turned to see the siphon standing in the doorway dressed. "You two should get breakfast, I'll take first watch." She said "we'll be back in about an hour." Josie replied placing a kiss on her friends forehead.

Lizzie sat at the table looking and began to do her home work she might not be Josie but when it came to the promise she and her sister had made in the woods she intended to keep it. While she was no stranger to detention right now she and Josie had the same thought Hope's broken heart was their priority. When it came to the hobbit Hope didn't think things through she acted on impulse.

An hour later Josie came back with finch. Josie was holding a tray with all of Hope's favorite foods. "She hasn't woken up yet?" Finch asked surprised. "Lizzie did you do something to her food last night?" Josie asked raising an eyebrow seeing the guilt in her twins eyes. "No, I used a sleeping spell. That combined with the fact she hasn't slept for three days could have something to do with it." Josie nodded and made her way to her friend placing the tray on the desk. She walked over to the sleeping girl.

Hope felt as if she were in heaven yet she wasn't dead she felt fingers combing through her hair and recognized the scent of vanilla and roses that was Josie's scent. She opened her eyes to see her best friend looking at her "Hey." She said smiling as her bright blue eyes met Josie's brown ones. "Hey I bought you breakfast." Josie said softly handing her the tray. "Thanks." Hope said smiling. "Hope, I think it be good for you to have someone around until your family gets here." Lizzie said "you don't have to talk about what happened but we're here if you want to." Josie added "which is why the squad, Jo and I are going to take turns hanging out with you plus you need to eat you and you didn't leave this room for three days."  Lizzie added.

"I don't want anyone else to get hurt because of me, that's why I haven't left this room." Hope said she looked at finch. "Jo you and your girlfriend should go." When Josie began to protest Hope stopped her. "I mean spend time togeather go on a date. I...I don't want you two to break up just because I can't grieve."

Josie looked at her best friend in shock then at Finch who looked equally shocked was that really what the girl thought? Did Hope really think that she'd force Josie to choose between spending time with her and helping her friend through her darkest hour? Then again not less then a day ago She'd told Josie to actually try and win the merge which would kill her sister. However after thinking a little more about what Josie said about being surrounded by the people she loved and that she was worth it. She had realized she was right and that she was selfish for even asking that of her girlfriend.

Finch and Josie made their way over to the shorter girl who'd finished her breakfast. Taking the tray and placing it on the nightstand Josie sat down and took both of Hope's hands in hers. "Hope look at me." Once The shorter girl did as Josie requested the siphon smiled. "No one is forcing us to be here for you we are choosing to do so." She said

"Just like I'm choosing to spend time with you. Trust me Hope I can't force Josie to do anything and I'd never force her to choose between helping someone or spending time with me." Finch added. "but you two shouldn't let me get in the way of your happiness." Josie shook her head "your not in our way Hope, your by our side and there's nothing wrong with grieving."  She said Hope looked at Finch who nodded.

"We have to get to class Jo." Josie nodded and promised she'd come see Hope when the day was over.
During the time Hope talked with Finch who told her how she and Josie had met, how she found out she was a werewolf and how she'd activated her curse. Hope in turn told her about her family, how she loved to paint, how she could shift at will and what Landon was like.

"I wish I could shift without feeling pain." Finch said.
"I wish my wolf wasn't so possessive of my friends." Hope replied
"What do you mean?" Finch asked Hope took a deep breath. "I think we both can agree that when your in wolf form things are different, we still have our human intellect but our animal instincts are heightened the desire to run, hunt, kill and more." Finch nodded "from what I've been told some wolves can't remember anything that they did after they shift can you?" Hope asked.

"Kind of, there's images and sounds but it's all kind of blurred." Finch said after thinking about it.
"Well for me I remember it all."
"Remember all of what?" Came Josie's voice. Both girls looked up to see Josie standing in the doorway. "Hope was telling me how her wolf and her have a connection."
"Can you tell us about it?" Josie asked as she sat down between her best friend and girlfriend. "Sure." Hope said smiling for the first time in days.