the aftermath

The next morning Hope walked down to see Josie and Lizzie eating breakfast with the rest of the squad. She sat down next to Josie and squeezed her hand.

"Morning." Josie said smiling

"How are you feeling?" Hope asked the squad.

"We're a little sore but alive."

From off to the side, two throats cleared extremely pointedly. "Sorry to interrupt, but there are two members that are MIA that should be your priority. Assuming they're still alive...?"

Hope went stiff at the sound of her Aunt's voice. Freya and Rebeka stood next to each other, arms crossed and eyebrows raised in a disturbingly similar way. Neither one looked particularly impressed. Honestly, Josie couldn't blame them; she'd completely forgotten about Kaleb and Finch.

Hope swallowed, she was in deep shit and she knew it Freya had agreed to let her stay and fight under the condition that she would not fight Aurora directly.

"Right. Um, hi, Aunt Freya. I'm...sorry, for disobaying you and Rebekah, and I can totally explain. Kol took Kaleb to Davina after he got injured he's still alive but missing an arm."

"Thank god for that." Freya sighed, massaging her temples. "Alright. Heres whats going to happen. Im going to work with Davina to try and heal your friend to the best of my ability, after breakfast the squad is going directly home. And to be clear, the only reason you are not incredibly, unbelievably grounded is that you're alive. But trust me young lady you are in trouble and I'll be dealing with you personally."

"But I was just—"

Freya cut her off with a pointed look at the squad. "Well have this conversation later. Privately." She sighed, finally offering a wry smile. "At least you had the sense too not take her on by yourself." Freya said before walking away.

"Ms. Mikealson could you please hand me the Poeple's Magazine?" Lizzie asked Rebekah.

Before Hope could say anything else Lizzie had rolled up the Magazine.

Whack!

"Ow! Lizzie what was that for?"

"For sending us back to school Bad Tribrid! Don't ever pull another trick like that again!" Lizzie scolded before placing the magazine on the table.

"My dream I was trying to-" Hope began only to be bopped on the nose with the magazine again

"Lizzie I was just-" once again the tribrid was silenced by the blonde smacking her with a magazine.

Josie laughed at the look on Hope's face. The tribrid looked both shocked and embarrassed.

"Hope your a fully activated tribrid there's no way that hurt."

"Its not so much the action but what it represents Jo." Hope said pouting.

After breakfast Hope asked to speak with Josie alone.

Leading her to the room she had been staying in Hope prepared to tell Josie of Finch's fate.

"So what's up?" The witch asked

"Its about Finch, Finch isn't MIA Jo she's..." Hope started but couldn't look her friend in the eye.

"She's dead." Josie finished surprising Hope.

"How did you know?" The tribrid asked finally able to look at her friend.   The expression she saw on the girls face was not one of anger or sadness but acceptanc.