A threat revealed

It was the week after the service and Josie felt that it was to quite. Was there no more threats to the school? Josie didn't have time to ponder this because Kaleb had returned to the school with Cleo but Josie refused to lift the hex she had placed on him. Which is why Hope found herself at her friends room.

"Just a second." Came Lizzie's voice. Hope waited patiently for the her friend who opened the door. Lizzie looked more then a little grumpy to have been woken up from her nap.

"It's Saturday, I was sleeping in, what do you want?"

"I came on behalf of my roommate to ask you or your sister to please undo the curse on Kaleb."

Lizzie sighed she knew that it would come to this both the muse and dragon/vampire have tried to appeal to Josie but her sister simply told both until she knew that Kaleb could be trusted not to betray the squad or Hope again she wouldn't lift the curse.

"Lizzie please how can Kaleb help in battle if he can't be near us?"

"Hope he can still fight alongside the squad he just has to be five feet away from the three of us. Besides I don't even know what spell Josie did." Lizzie admitted causing Hope to frown.

"Wait I thought you told each other everything?"

"Yeah, so did I but she refuses to reveal the details about the spell other then it won't kill the target just shock them." Hope looked ready to argue but Lizzie just wanted to go back to sleep, so she quickly pulled her friends in the room and shut the door. Lizzie sat on the bed and Hope sat next to her hearing the shower running Hope assumed that's why Josie didn't answer the door.

"Look, Hope Jo and I stayed and guarded your body that night, Josie knew something was wrong the moment he entered the room, we still had the magic we siphoned from you and put up one hell of a fight but he overpowered us. The anger I saw in My sisters eyes, I think even your entire family would've hesitated before fighting her."

                                 ________________________________

Flashback

Lizzie walked into her room were Josie was trying and failing to locate Hope.

"Jo maybe you should take a break." Lizzie suggested.

"No!" Josie said sharply.

"Jo-" Lizzie tried again.

"Why couldn't we protect her?" The brunette asked her sister who said nothing deciding to let her vent.

"Next to her we're the two most powerful witches here I know we could have done more." Josie said as tears began to fall down her face.

"Just because we're witches doesn't make us unstoppable, we have never faced a hybrid let alone a vampire dragon hybrid. We are Gemini witches we don't have the same power Hope does we're not mikealson's Josie." Lizzie replied she was a little surprised at her sisters anger. Josie was normally the stable and calm one.

"We can siphon werewolf venom dark magic and we've faced gargoyles, gremlins, an attack on our school, and the fucking Necromancer!" There was so much anger in Josie's voice, this was not the Josie Saltzman that Lizzie knew. No, this Josie was filled with so much rage.

"Josie." Lizzie tried again taking a step forward.

"It's all dads fault! HE'S AFRAID OF HIS STUDENTS, OF US, HE WON'T LET US REACH OUR FULL POTENTIAL!!!" Josie screamed the room shook violently, windows shattered, and lights flickered. Lizzie was shocked did Josie really mean that did their father limit what the students learned because he feared what would happen when they left.

"Josie, what's wrong?" Lizzie asked knowing there was more to here sisters outburst.

"I just told you!" Josie replied through clenched teeth.

"NO I mean what's 'really' wrong?" The blond pressed.

"I... I've wanted to let her out Lizzie." Josie said still angry Lizzie knew exactly who Josie was talking about her darker half.

"Not just tonight, but every single fucking time that mud man has sent a minion our way, If she came out I could've stopped Kaleb no problem, ripped his wings off, extracted his heart, or caused his brain to explode. We could've killed him we should've killed him he betray us he Deserves to suffer. I WANT HIM AWAY FROM HERE, I WANT HIM DEAD!!"  The brunette screamed causing the room to shake once more. Josie was breathing heavily but after a moment all her anger seemed to leave her and she sunk to the floor. Lizzie sat next to her and wrapped her arms around her sister.

"I'm sorry I don't want to feel this way I... I don't want her to come back, I don't want any of our friends dead but I'm just so angry."

"Some one we trusted sold there soul to help someone they loved, I would've made a deal with the devil if it meant saving you Jo." Lizzie said it was true if her sister or parents were in danger Lizzie would make a deal with the big red guy with hooves for feet, holding a pitch fork with horns. Or did the devil look like a man in a suit with horns coming out of his head like Darth maul? Lizzie didn't know and frankly she didn't care.

"I'm sorry." Josie said again.

"Someone we trusted turned on us it's okay to be angry. Lizzie said pulling her sister close.

"But We're The ultimate trio Liz We're supposed to protect each other I failed. God I'm so sorry." Josie replied finally breaking down sobbing as Lizzie rocked her sister gently.

End
Flashback

                                              ______________________

Hope was stunned she had no idea that her being kidnapped had effected Josie so much. The brunette hadn't shown any signs of anger while supporting and comforting her during her darkest hour. "I... I thought I was the one that was broken after that night." Hope said confused.

"You were, Josie was pissed because you were vulnerable that night. You didn't have your abilities during transition. Once I assured her you'd be okay and that we would find you and face Malivore together like we promised she calmed down."

"I'll let Cleo and Kaleb know. I'm sorry I woke you." Hope said before she could leave the earth shook and there was the sound of an explosion.

"What the hell was that?" Lizzie asked all thoughts of sleeping in late long gone. Josie burst through the bathroom door in nothing but a towel.

"Did you two feel that?" Josie asked not caring she was not decent.

"We felt it but what was it?" Lizzie replied tossing her sister some cloths Hope looked out the window to see a group of people making there way towards the school.

"A new threat." Hope answered it was a small army of vampires trying to break the protective barrier that surrounded the school.