The Pack Visits and Lizzie's idea

A few days had passed since Hope returned to school. Hope and Josie sat in the cafeteria they had spent the day catching up and talking Josie was surprised at Hope being taking her place as alpha. Not because she didn't think that Hope wasn't capable, she knew first hand Hope was born to lead others, she was the daughter of two powerful and respected Alphas. It was because Hope had just been through so much she didn't think she should have the responsibility pushed onto her so soon. They hadn't even had a service for Landon yet. But looking at how happy hope was Josie decided not to breach that topic... Yet. Instead she asked "Hope how can you be alpha of two packs?"

"Yeah wouldn't there be like a war between the two packs for your leadership?" Lizzie asked she had joined them a little while ago.

"No I United them together as one, however Chris has been acting as alpha for the Hybrids but they haven't worked together since..." Hope trailed off she never talked about the night she removed the Hallow from her family putting it in herself. Not even to Emma. Hope wasn't big on showing emotion let alone sharing her concerns or feelings with others. It was only recently she had started to act vulnerable around the Saltzmen sisters.

"... Any way the Pack is coming to visit which is why all three of my aunts and Marcel are down stairs now." Hope said getting back on topic.

"Does Jed know?" Lizzie asked while the school alpha had matured and was no longer a bully he and the school pack were still wolves and didn't like others on their territory for long periods of time.

"He does." Hope replied she had let Jed know a few hours ago saying that as long as her pack didn't start any trouble there wouldn't be any from him and as long as they weren't staying the night territory wouldn't be an issue ethier. "Well here's to you unity and you becoming alpha of the first crescent hybrid pack." Lizzie said raising her glass that was almost empty. "I'm not an expert on speeches or toasts but I'm pretty sure something needs to be in the glass." Josie joked causing her sister to roll her eyes before looking at both Her sister and her friend asking if they could talk later.

Hope agreed and Josie had a feeling that this wasn't about Hope's transition or some spell but something importent. "Lizzie is this a conversation that could end with the school blowing up?" Josie asked raising an eyebrow. Over the last few months her twin seemed to be more energetic then useal.

"No of course not." The blond replied.

"Then what has you do anxious?" The brunette asked.

Lowering her voice so only her sister and their best friend could hear Lizzie said "I have an idea, an idea that involves stopping the merge." Once those words left her mouth Lizzie saw both Hope and her sister's expressions change from curious to bewildered.

***
After the day had ended the twins went back to their room and hung out while Hope met with their father. When the shorter girl had entered their room she was pissed, Alaric wasn't keen on another pack being in Mystic Falls even if they were Hope's pack and loyal to her. When Hope had asked if it was because they were hybrids Alaric didn't answer and an argument had taken place.

                          ____________________________________
Flashback

"It's because a few of them are hybrids isn't it?" Hope demanded anger creeping into her voice after Alaric expressed his concern. His silence told Hope all she needed to know. "Henry was a Hybrid and you kept him at school, my, mother was a hybrid as well never had a problem with her, and so was I before my transition, I was a wolf witch hybrid."